Adoption
Options

**Captain Serious**

What did M say when you told him the exciting news???

Hope you're all doing great!  Was thinking about you!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Captain Serious**

• Options
    I've been stalking this board all. day. long. just waiting for that answer. Fill us in please!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    I've been stalking the board too!  I can't wait to read your update.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought about your family all night!  Sooooo soooo happy!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

Hi! Sorry, we are visiting my I laws in Alabama, so I don't have much time to post.

Also, I'm posting from the iPad, so sorry for any formatting issues.

We told M that we found out eho his brother or sitter will be, and showed him a recent picture of J.  He got all excited, and started shouting, "I know him! I know him!". He remembered his name and everything, and seemed quite happy with the news.

After that, he was part of telling just about everyone of my MIL's friends we ran into, and seemed to get wary of all the excitement. He asked why we just didn't adopt J in the first place, and I had to reassure him that HE was who we wanted the first time we adopted, and that we love I'm so much that now we want even more to love.  He seemed to be getting it, but we knew we'd have to give him lots of extra support and reassurance.  I'm sure he'll be fine with it all in time.

Cute story: at bedtime the other night, he seemed to have something on his mind.  He told me his brother will be whiny, because at the orphanage, when someone would take his toy, he'd cry and cry.  I told him that it would be our job to help him learn the rules of our house and that he'd have all the same rules as M in time.  M seems to really like the idea of helping us teach J the way things work in our family and filling the role of big brother.

I have to go now and get ready to take him out so he can practice on his new skateboard.  Lots and lots of M time in the coming weeks, as we strive to let him know that he'll always be as important to us as on the first day we met!

• Options

I love how he was/is so excited! 

I'm just sooo happy for your family!!!

• Options
    You are handling it beautifully!  What a gift you all are to each other!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"