February 2012 Moms
Options

Outfit for baby leaving the hospital.

My baby girl is due Feb 17th and we live in Wisconsin.  For bringing her home what should I dress her in?  I have a fleece hooded and footed jumpsuit as the coat.  But should we also bring a long sleeve onsies, pants, socks, and cap?  We will also have a car seat cover.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Outfit for baby leaving the hospital.

• Options

I'm in Wisconsin too and due Feb. 25 . . . I have a short-sleeve onsie, a footed sleeper, a hat to go with it, and a full sleeper thick baby winter coat with a hood (it looks like a teddy bear)

Then we'll wrap the bean in a blanket and use the cover over the carrier. I think that should keep the LO warm. Sounds like what you have should work pretty well too! Although I wouldn't whine too much if it stays in the 40's Wink

Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in WI also and I think I am just going to bring a regular short sleeved onsie and a sleeper, probably a fleece one and a hat. Then just some blankets to put over her. We won't be outside for long and SO can warm up the car before we come out of the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageeewhite5:
    I live in WI also and I think I am just going to bring a regular short sleeved onsie and a sleeper, probably a fleece one and a hat. Then just some blankets to put over her. We won't be outside for long and SO can warm up the car before we come out of the hospital.

Oh and we have the car seat cover too. 

• Options
    Besides what you're already planning, I would just add a hat.  Those car seat covers are awesome!  I sometimes threw another blanket over top to block the wind for DD (born in Chicago in September), but never bundled her up more than her regular clothes unless we were going for a walk or something.
  • Options
    We have a cute pink onsie that says I <3 Daddy, with a matching bow and little pants (ones that will just cover the diaper, not so much her legs). DH really wanted it for pictures for work - but I may bring the puppy hoodie, sweat pants, with matching onsie (it's neutral - just in case the U/S was wrong - my biggest fear), just in case it's really cold. We also have a car seat cover that is like a sleeping bag for the car seat that will keep her toasty warm :-)
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    Thick coats aren't really safe for babies in carseats. We're in MI and it gets really cold here too. My first was born mid-December and we brought him home in a onesie, sleeper and hat. We got a carseat cover, the kind that goes on like a shower cap and is lined with fleece, and it was fine!
  • Options
    We will be putting him in a onesie, socks, fleece sleeper and a hat.  We have blankets and a fleece lined car seat cover.  It's not safe to put baby's in thick clothes in the carseat.  Blankets and a cover are fine.
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    I live in GA, but you know, we don't want our babies going home in freezing 60 degree weather!! (northern in-laws are always amused by this) Pack the hooded, footie fleecie get-up but be prepared - we bought a 0-3 mo. one for DS 1 and it swallowed him whole! With DS2 we just dressed him in a warm footie outfit and placed blankets over him with a hat. We will prob. do the same for DD
  • Options

imagegoldenleaves:
    Thick coats aren't really safe for babies in carseats. We're in MI and it gets really cold here too. My first was born mid-December and we brought him home in a onesie, sleeper and hat. We got a carseat cover, the kind that goes on like a shower cap and is lined with fleece, and it was fine!

I just learned this at baby class last night.  So I am planning on bringing a fleece sleeper and then having the carseat in the hospital with us with the cover- thingy and then we can bundle the baby up in the hospital before we head to the car. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ditto the no on thick sleepers/coats. That's something I didn't know until I had DD. LO will stay plenty warm covered with a blanket or carrier cover, and when they get bigger they can wear coats backward over the straps. I was told that one should never have to adjust the straps bigger to accommodate an outfit; if so, it's too thick to be safely worn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"