Washington Babies
Options

Any NY resolutions?

We try not to set resolutions, but this year DH is starting a new job at the end of January and he's declared he's making some changes when that happens.  I will have a new baby sometime towards the end of the month so that will be my catalyst for change, but does anyone have any NY resolutions to share?  2 days left!!
BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12

Re: Any NY resolutions?

• Options

We haven't done "resolutions" in a few years, but we like to sit down at the end of the year and talk about where we'd like to see ourselves in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. That's given us the opportunity to talk about whether one of us would like to plan on a big vacation, children, whether we think we need a new car sooner or later, savings accounts, deciding to save up for a house, etc. We write a lot of our ideas and thoughts down on a big piece of desk-blotter sized paper, then stash it somewhere. It's a lot of fun to find those papers from several years ago and see what we've accomplished, and how our goals changed over time.

• Options
    I don't do resolutions, but my main goal for the year is to save money and also pay off my JCP credit card. I'd love to be more motivated and keep myself accountable to workout and lose some weight. Those are the main ones. My other goals would be to spend less and organize my house better.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't use credit cards, save $$ and pay down CC debt. I also want to feel healthy and get in shape.

p.s. How on earth are you having a baby this soon?! Where did the time go?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't do a big list of resolutions, but for 2012 I'm aiming to do a few things including:

1. Go easy on myself as a new mom (i.e. give myself permission to let the little things slide as I adjust to our new life).

2. Be as healthy as I can- especially about getting out into fresh air as much as possible.. measurable goal will be 30 minute walk most days.

3. Dedicate myself to finding a new role in a new team (it's time) when I return to work from maternity leave.

4. Continue to be good about spending time with my family and friends- especially those who are more elderly. Treasure those you love while you have them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We don't normally do resolutions, but this year mine is to get a new job! I am being laid off on Friday the 13th of next month so I am taking the time to seriously consider what company I want to work for and more specifics on the job I want so I am not stuck in another job I don't like but can't really walk away from easily.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo
  • Options

We have a small cc debt to get rid, after that we are going to be doing some serious saving.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This year is about my growth (the last 5+ years have been revolving around my children since I am a SAHM with no family nearby).Mental growth - read more books. (Love to read but haven't done much since I entered high school.)Physical - exercise an average of 2 hours a week and limit the meat in our diets. (Time to exercise without someone crying or pulling on has escaped me.)Spiritual - Spend more time outside in fresh air, spend some quiet time once a week letting go of everything, meeting with a friend once a month to discuss inspirational and multi-faith books.Marriage- get in 2 date nights this year and hold my tongue more.   
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"