4 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Pregnant after loss

We just found out yesterday that we are pregnant (4 weeks, 5 days).  We are super excited.  We were pregnant late in the summer and found out at about 9 weeks that we had a blighted ovum.  It was horrible...we did 2 rounds of Cytotec, only to still have to go through with a D&C.  I am just hoping that all goes smoothly and develops well this time around.  Anyone have some after loss successes to share?  I think that we'll wait to tell everyone until we get our first u/s. Congrats to everyone here! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant after loss

• Options
    Hi! I experienced a similar situation and just found out I am pregnant again yesterday too! My husband and I had a blighted ovum in April and I had to have a D&C as well. My doctor told us to wait 6 months before trying again. However, I was still pretty scared so we waited a little longer. This was the first month we tried and thank goodness it took! We were very surprised and ecstatic! We have told our parents but are waiting to tell friends and co-workers until after the first ultrasound. I would love to keep in touch with you if you need support or just someone to talk to. It is nice seeing another woman go through something so similar! 
  • Options
    Also, I was 10 weeks along when we found out. :o(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Really nice to meet you!  This is also the first month after returning to a normal cycle that we tried.  My doc said that there was no wait period, that we may be more likely to have a full term pregnancy shortly after a m/c.  So, yay for us that it worked out.  I cannot wait to have my first u/s but that won't be until Jan 23, which seems like forever.  I think I can put you on some kind of list in my profile so that we could keep in touch.  I am not very  familiar with all the bump has to offer, but I will see what I can manage!  Thanks so much for your reply!
  • Options

Hi and Congratulations! Smile

I also just got my BFP this morning, approx 4 weeks since my last period. I MC in August with what they think was a blighted ovum (or ectopic pregnancy) - it was too early to tell, it took 8 weeks to pass through which was excruciating and I never want to go through it again.But I am soo nervous that this will happen again and my oby has me in for an ultra sound on the 25th - that seems soo far away!!

Good luck and keep posting, it is so nice to talk to others going through this (esp since I don?t plan on telling anyone i know until 3 months!)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I believe there is a "Success after Loss" board that is helpful...

I had a natural m/c at 8 weeks in July this year and I just found out I was pregnant this weekend, on New Year's Eve.  I have mixed emotions this time around.  My first OB visit isn't until I'm 8 weeks.  I know I will cry uncontrollably when I see/hear the heartbeat for the first time. I wanted so badly to become pregnant again and now that it is here I feel like I can't attach myself emotionally to the fetus just yet.  I am praising God for sore breasts each day though.  Bring on more pregnancy symptoms!  It's the only thing that reassures me right now.  It's so difficult.  

• Options

I feel the exact same - we are so happy but also so scared. I am so worried everytime I go to the washroom I will see blood (sorry if that is gross but that is what happened to me last time). I already have a tender breasts, nausea and heartburn and I said the same thing as you - I am happy I have them because it means I am still pregnant - I will not complain about symptoms!

I have an ultra sound scheduled for 7 weeks and my ob apt at 8 weeks - I am going to go crazy waiting.

Good luck with everything and try to stay stress free!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hi! Nice to meet you too! Sorry I am just responding. I just thought I would let you know that my OB wanted me to come in for and ultra sound yesterday and we saw the little movement of the heartbeat! It was amazing! I am going back in 2 weeks and hopefully we will be able to see more! Let me know how your U/S goes. Also, how do you add members as friends. I don't know a whole lot about the bump either!

• Options

I just got my firs positive pregnancy test after my m/c in November. I have elevated prolactin and so I was on a medication where I needed to stop as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test. So I was taking them 2x a week. It was pretty gut renching because my doctor did say we could try right away and we were so I kept looking for that little blue line. 

I had been feeling nauseous and bloated, but those were also side effects of the medication. On valentines day my husband told me to take a test a day early because I was more nauseous than usual, and it came out positive! That was the BEST valentines gift I could ever receive. 

I am going for my first check up next Tuesday. I am so nervous and think I will be throughout this pregnancy, especially my first trimester since I lost my last at 12 weeks. But at the same time I am so excited and want to shout it from the rooftops.

Due to my elevated prolactin I didnt think I would be able to get pregnant without medical assitance and my husband and I werent trying but we got pregnant within our first month of marriage. I am so excited that I am able to get pregnant easily and naturally. because I always feared I might not be able to give my husband his own children. But now I worry about carrying to term.

Best wishes for you all and Ill be checking here quite often, so keep updating!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"