Adoption
Options

Spoke with the GAL

It turns out their GAL is an attorney I interned for. But believe me, she's great at her job and we'll get no favor. She said their grandparents and another family really want them. I got the impression she felt either of those placements would be good. I'm going to go to the hearing tomorrow but I feel it's very likely they'll be leaving us tomorrow. :(

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: Spoke with the GAL

• Options
    I'm sincerely praying for what's best for the children and your family!  I know this is a very tough time due to the unknowns and how everyone's lives may change tomorrow.  Continue to give them the best love you can until you know more.  What you've done already - it seems that anyone do - but it takes very special people to do what you have.  Keep up posted!
  • Options
    I've been thinking about you, wondering what was going on with everything.  Your family, and those precious children are in my prayers.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate that I can't be all "sunshine and rainbows but .... this was their first removal. This is what foster care is about - reunification with family. While I don't always agree with it (in most cases I don't, which is why I'm no longer a foster parent), that's the way it works. I feel you were getting WAY ahead of yourself on keeping these children. Most cases are 12+ months to even get to adoption, IF it goes to adoption. They (DFPS) must by law search high and low for family members or even family friends to place these children with before even considering foster care adoption. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(    
  • Options
    We knew that there was a good chance we wouldn't keep the kids going into this. It's their first removal. But it's still hard. We brought them into our home. They have bedrooms and toys and clothes. They all have their own things. How could we not do that? They would have living in chaos if we hadn't done it. It's been very difficult for me to do this. I had a hard time setting up bedrooms as if they'd stay forever, when I knew they would likely leave. But what else could we have done? It's just really sad because we've wanted a family for so long and we finally had one, even if for a week. It was nice to finally be mommy and daddy for a little while.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.
  • Options
    I understand that. I've been a mommy to 6 children that were reunified with family, and we had them all longer than a week (5 months, who was 2 weeks when she arrived; 11 months - a sibling pair, 1 we had straight from the NICU and got her brother 2 months later, and a sibling set of 3 girls we had for 18 months). Its easy to get attached, but you must guard your heart and while I always, ALWAYS made them feel at home and we were all definitely a family, I was always ready for a sudden move, because it happens. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"