D.C. Area Babies

Low PAPP-A & Potentially Switching OB/GYNs

Has anyone gotten this result back during their 12 - 13 week appointment? My doctor said she wasn't concerned but since this is my first I'm obviously freaking out a bit.  

Also, I'm not super thrilled with my OB/GYN practice aside from the sonogram tech. It's not terrible, but I just don't have a great feeling.  Anyone have any experience with Drs. Elliot and Lashgari who have offices at VA Hospital Center? 

TIA!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Low PAPP-A & Potentially Switching OB/GYNs

• imageMrs. G in DC:

Anyone have any experience with Drs. Elliot and Lashgari who have offices at VA Hospital Center? 

TIA!  

Yes.  And I liked them.  Is that where you are now?   I can see not having a great experience there too - they're very quick, especially at the beginning, but I really did like them.  They didn't end up delivering DD  -  a surprise when I went into labor on the weekend.  In retrospect it was probably good I didn't know (because I would have worried about something I couldn't control), but I really had no idea that they shared on-call with other practices on the weekend until I showed up at the hospital.  That said, I LOVED the doctor that delivered DD.  I've heard not-so-great things about the management of that practice, or I'd consider switching for the next time because I loved the doctor who delivered DD so much. 

• Nope, I am at another practice at VHC but looking at other doctors in VHC because the location is pretty good for us. Who ended up delivering your daughter, out of curiosity?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had low PAPP-A with my 2nd son and they were worried since it could be an indicator for Pre-E and I had that with my first. I ended up just getting monitored more and had an ultrasound every month. I didn't get pre-e with my 2nd son at all but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. 
  • imageMrs. G in DC:
    Nope, I am at another practice at VHC but looking at other doctors in VHC because the location is pretty good for us. Who ended up delivering your daughter, out of curiosity?

Dr. Mary Crowther.  She's at Arlington Women's Center.  I've heard good things about the other doctors, but not about the staff.  And I've heard that the wait times are really long.  While I wouldn't let that dictate the care I was getting, given how many appts you have, wait times were pretty important to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"