TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

How do you deal with BFPs? (BFPs/EDDs mentioned)

Two of my friends announced to me that they were pregnant. One I am not so close with so I am quite removed from her pregnancy. She is due in July so she's quite far along. The other one is a girl I am very close with. We have both shared a lot of the same struggle with TTC. She had a chemical and has been trying for about 7 months. She knows about my struggle and my 2 miscarriages and when she told me last night she mentioned that she knew it was horrible timing but we always said we wouldn't hold out on the other one when one of us got pregnant. Her EDD is within days of mine...so now if it still takes time to get pregnant I get to sit and watch her go through all the mile stones I should have been. Has anyone had to deal with a situation like this? How did you cope and get through it?
MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
Rainbow Jude 
born: 12/31/09
Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
M/C: 4/09/11 5w
CP: 12/26/2011 
CP: 1/28/2012 
MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
CP 11/24/2012 
Rainbow Violet 
born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 

Re: How do you deal with BFPs? (BFPs/EDDs mentioned)

• Options
    I'm sorry that you have to deal with this.  I have been going through this since my June loss.  I spoke openly about TTC with a friend of mine and she was open with me.  She had been trying for 8 months and when she came to see me after my surgery, I told her that she doesn't have to hide it from me when she gets pregnant (I suspected that she was)...that was when she told me that she was a little over 7 weeks along and our EDD's were only 3 days apart.  I completely lost it after she left.  Now that I have had another loss during her one pregnancy, I can't even look at her without glaring....and since I work with her that is difficult.  My EDD is coming up on 1/30 and she is due 2/2 and everyday it gets harder and harder.  She was understanding at first, but lately she's been wierd and always tells me about people she knows that are having difficult pregnancies or have lost a LO...like that is supposed to make me feel better.  I try to change the subject with tears in my eyes, but it doesn't seem that she gets it.  I don't know how I will handle the birth of her child...I am very happy for her and am not ashamed to admit that it is pure jealousy and self pity that makes me feel this way.  Sorry if I have rambled...
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My close friends have been very sensitive to me about it, thank goodness.  The two that are pregnant now mostly only talk about it if I bring it up.  They understand that I'm trying to be excited for them and it's not that I'm not... I just have a lot of complicated feelings about it.

I had about 7 people close to me with EDDs around my 1st one and another coworker (who had a loss at 13 weeks) is now pregnant again and due near my 2nd EDD.  I'm happy for each and every one of them, but it was hard getting through those baby showers.  I just say that I'm happy for them and they understand that I can't bring myself to gush over them like I normally would.

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, with my frist pregnancy... (ectopic).  My cousin told me she was pregnant, the next day I got my BFP... that day I had emailed a friend to ask her who her OB was... the next day she emails me that she is also pregnant...  i had high hopes lol... needless to say, they both have babies now.  Anyway... my friend was due 2 days after me.  So it was really really hard... I honestly dont know how i dealt with  it... Just take it one day at a time.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing all your stories. Since we were kind of TTC buddies I cant help but feel completely alone. 
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d

TTC#2 10/2010
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • Options
    First I am so sorry. that is really hard. I had the same thing happen to me except my friend tried for one week to get pregnant. I got pregnant the week before her and then lost the baby at 6 weeks. 2 days after I started miscarrying she called me crying and said she was losing her baby. Well turns out she didnt. I love her but it is seriously hard to be around her and hear about her baby because all I can think about is that is what should be happening to me. She also has never lost a baby nor has struggled to get pregnant (ie ONE week of trying, not bitter or anything lol) so she sometimes says some pretty insensitive stuff but I honestly dont think she knows what she is saying. so to sum it up i cope by avoiding her baby talk and I dont hang out with her as much. she is an awesome person but it is just too painful for me right now :( I hope you find a better way to cope than I have :)

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

((hugs)) I recently learned one of my good friends is pg.  I've been lucky up until this point, in that no one close to me was pg during my struggles this past year.  But, I know SIL is ready for #3, and I've been waiting for the shoe to drop on that one.  I actually thought it would happen at Christmas, but it didn't.  

Anyway, I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with my friend's pg, but I can tell you that she's already begun to pull away from me.  She actually drove from another state to be with me after I lost the twins, which I really appreciated.  But then, after a long stint of not hearing from her, I called and she told me she was 8 weeks along.  I haven't heard much from her since.  I'm excited for her, and she knows it will be hard for me, but I'm not sure how this is all going to work out.  Will she not involve me anymore?  Will I push her away too?  I just don't know.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    I've found some of my friends who've gotten pg after my losses distance themselves from me like they are afraid loss is contagious. Suddenly they come around after they have their babies I guess hoping for gifts. Hopefully your friends are nicer then some people I thought were friends.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I am glad I am not the only one who struggles with this. Sometimes I feel like my IRL friends think I am insane, but then none of them are dealing with what I am so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. They just don't understand. 
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d

TTC#2 10/2010
    CP 11/24/2012