Postpartum Depression

anyone have PPD or PPA with first baby and now again with second?

Re: anyone have PPD or PPA with first baby and now again with second?

• I had it with my second and we are talking about having another in a year or so, so I am wondering the same thing and am kind of afraid to have another child because of it. It is an issue I am going to bring to my OB when I see her to have my BC implant taken out next year. But it would be nice to know about other peoples experience with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first pregnancy was lost (probably a blighted ovum; will never be sure because of some bungled tests), and I was doing pretty bad after that. My MW says that statistically, if you had it before, you are more likely to have it again. I have been on and off different meds for most of my adult life, too, and a history of problems contributes to it as well. If you are concerned (like I am) that you'll struggle with this and that's why you're asking, well, the only thing that makes me worry about it less is starting to plan for ways to handle it. If you can get commitments from people in your life to help you with the baby, get you out of the house sometimes, and check to see that you're taking your B vitamin supplement or whatever else you're planning to try, you might feel better now, knowing you have a plan in place so that if/when it happens, you are prepared.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"