C-sections
Options

repost from 12/11 board. steri strips?

Anyone have advice to ease an allergic reaction to the steri strips. They were driving me nuts so I called OB and he said I could take them off. Well what I found were raised welts where each one had been, almost a dozen of them. All itchy as hell! I have tried benedryl and cortizone cream, no relief. I am going to call my OB again tomorrow but they Im going nuts! Anyone have the same issue? If so what stopped the itching?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: repost from 12/11 board. steri strips?

• Options

I have the same reaction to surgical tape, but I usually just leave it and try not to scratch (so maybe not as bad as yours?). It goes away in a week or so.

Sorry, not very helpful, but at least you know you are not alone!

• Options
    You just gave me horrible flashbacks to the whelps! They told me to tough it out. The good news is they do go away. The bad news is they dint stop itching anytime soon. I had the whelps all around my midsection because I was also allergic to the adhesive on the bandage they put on top of it all. I feel for you! Try some Vaseline to soothe it; I remember that removing some of the left over problem causing adhesive.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! glad Im not alone. I went to my OB today who said he has never seen a reaction like mine before. He said he had no clue what to do for it, and wanted my PCP and/ or a dermatologist to check it out. As though with itching like this I can wait for a referral from my PCP to see a dermotologist right before a long holiday weekend. Thankfully my PCP called in a cream for me, I pray it helps! Its miserable. no more adhesives for my skin!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"