Babies: 6 - 9 Months

LO won't eat anything without fruit

When DS started the purees, he ate the veggies and then the fruits.  Now, he won't touch a veggie or meat and I'm forced to mix either with fruit.

I'm worried that I'm creating a monster with a sweet tooth.  Anyone else?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO won't eat anything without fruit

• Have you tried a sweeter veggie? For awhile I mixed sweet potato with everything new that he didn't like and now P will eat anything but peas on their own  :)

I've heard from a lot of people that meat is a tough one. I knew gerber and such do mixes like "chicken and apples" probably for that reason.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We didn't go through a stage of nothing but fruit, but we went through a stage where he wouldn't eat any solids! I had to force one or two bites down just so he wouldn't get used to not eating anything!! I understand your worry...

My LO will not eat peas, loves everything else! We've started him on the gerber foods (thats the baby food he is fed) with the meat added in to them. His favorite is chicken noodle soup. I'm surprised that he took to meat after hearing from so many that it was tough for many kids...

If I was in your situation, I'd at least let him eat a few bites without fruit and let him realize its not always going to be with meat. If your not comfortable with that, I'd keep doing so but start mixing in less fruit each day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BIL was just telling me he heard if you want a baby to acquire a taste for a particular food to first give them a bite of something they love and then the other food and continue alternating bites. DD loves everything so far but will try this if we find something she dislikes.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewaterfall11:
    BIL was just telling me he heard if you want a baby to acquire a taste for a particular food to first give them a bite of something they love and then the other food and continue alternating bites. DD loves everything so far but will try this if we find something she dislikes.

We've done this in the past.  Once we introduced purees, DS stopped wanting to eat oatmeal cereal.  I would always offer him a couple of bites of the purees, then switch to a bite of oatmeal and then go back and forth.  No problems with him not eating oatmeal then.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"