TTC after 35

So frustrated with OPK's

Just a vent.  I have not had a +OPK in months.  I just can't afford to throw my money away in digitals month after month, so I have been using the cheap strip and "line" tests in the hopes that I would follow up with a digital to verify what I thought was positive.  I started testing on CD10 (seemed early enough) but also had a temp dip that day, so I am thinking I should have started testing earlier.  :( I have had EWCM yesterday and today (CD13) but all my OPK's are negative and identical.  The lines are EXACTLY the same darkness on all 3 days.  All I want is a positive test that I can note on FF so I will FINALLY get a solid red "yes you did ovulate" line. 
Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image

Re: So frustrated with OPK's

• I have never had much luck w/ the cheap OPK so I can sympathize. You really have to use them twice a day and hold the pee for several hours and it got to be too much so I kinda gave up on those. Hang in there. Hopefully your temp will tell you for sure you did O. Good luck to you and don't let those pee strips get your crazy!
    TTC #1 since 2/10 Me 38 FSH 12.9 & AMH 0.16 DH 47, low sperm count due to meds. 07/11 We have sperm! 28 million, 70% motility, morphology 1% normal. 08/14/11 1st IUI unmedicated BFN. 09/11/11 2nd IUI w/ Femara + trigger BFN 10/14/11 trigger & Final IUI 10/16/11 BFN 10/21/11 Started acupuncture and loving it! 01/21 ET one embryo 6 cell grade C. Beta 02/02. BFN. Taking a much needed break. image
  • Ticker warning!!

Llama I have some CB digis I would be happy to send to you if you pm me your address.  I hope you can put them to good use and get your BFP you deserve. I think there is enough for a month. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewinidpu:
    I have never had much luck w/ the cheap OPK so I can sympathize. You really have to use them twice a day and hold the pee for several hours and it got to be too much so I kinda gave up on those. Hang in there. Hopefully your temp will tell you for sure you did O. Good luck to you and don't let those pee strips get your crazy!

Thank you for the advice!  I am trying not to let it get to me but it's SO hard not to think about it...  :)

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • imageNuggetJo:

Ticker warning!!

Llama I have some CB digis I would be happy to send to you if you pm me your address.  I hope you can put them to good use and get your BFP you deserve. I think there is enough for a month. 

That would be great!  How do I send a pm?  :)

• If you click on Contact on any of my posts ( next to reply, quote) it gives you the choice to send a pm 
  • Llama, looking at your chart, I don't think you have had enough of a temp shift to have o'd yet, so therefore no +opk.  Do you track your CM daily or just whenever?  If you track CM, FF will give you CH based on that and your temp without an opk.  If you want to continue to use the opk strips, then start checking late am and later in the afternoon because if you test only once a day you many miss your +.  Also, I don't remember where, but somewhere (here or FF) I read that FMU isn't the best for testing opks, like it is for HPTs.  Might just want to adjust your timing a bit to see if that makes a difference.  GL, here's hoping you O in the next few days.
  • Oh so THAT is how you send a pm!  I have been wondering...  :)  I sent you one.  :)
  • imagebenoitfan:
    Llama, looking at your chart, I don't think you have had enough of a temp shift to have o'd yet, so therefore no +opk.  Do you track your CM daily or just whenever?  If you track CM, FF will give you CH based on that and your temp without an opk.  If you want to continue to use the opk strips, then start checking late am and later in the afternoon because if you test only once a day you many miss your +.  Also, I don't remember where, but somewhere (here or FF) I read that FMU isn't the best for testing opks, like it is for HPTs.  Might just want to adjust your timing a bit to see if that makes a difference.  GL, here's hoping you O in the next few days.

I have been checking it since I started using the OPK's but I have only listed it once on FF.  Sometimes I feel like the more I add to FF the more trouble I have getting it to decide when I O!  But I will keep track this cycle and see what happens.

For my OPK's I WAS testing between 10 am and 2 pm and getting a positive almost every month.  Then my acupuncturist told me the best time to test is 8pm to 10 pm.  So I switched and have yet to see a +.  Today I tested @ 4pm and I think I will start testing 2xs a day tomorrow.  Thanks for the advice!

• I found the best times to test for me were the 10 am -2 pm window and the 8-10 pm window. If I did not test twice a day, I would miss it. Once I tested at 8:00 am and it was negative - followed by a test at 10:00 am which was positive. I was sure I was missing it so I ordered a box of digitals off amazon.com and tested every 2 hours for 2 days until I got it. Just did that the one month. I also tested after my surge was detected to see how long it lasted and it only stayed positive for about 10 hours. Some women stay positive for 36 hours. Good luck!
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • I use CBE digitals, b/c it's not worth it to me to try to decipher how dark a line is (too stressful). CD10 would be WAY late for me; I have a shortened follicular phase.  If I did that, I would never get a positive.  You could be testing too late. Try testing CD5/6.

Us: 39(me)/41(he). TTC since April '11. DOR/MFI. March '12: surgery to remove fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis.
    IVF #1: 9/13/12. ER: 9/25. 3R, 2M, 1F. ET: 9/28 (1-6B). Beta: moved from 10/11 to 10/10: BFN.
    IVF #2: 11/12 cycle postponed due to Sandy and then cancelled due to elevated E2.
    IVF #2.1 cancelled due to cyst.
    IVF #2.2: 2/2/13. Converted to IUI. BFN
    IVF #3.0: 3/2014. BCP & Microdose Lupron.  Cycle cancelled due to poor response.
    IVF #4.0: 2/2015. EPP @ new RE. ER: 3/8. 3R, 3M, 1F. ET: 3/11 (1-8cell). 3/23 Beta: 16.9. 3/25 Beta: 71.6. 3/27 Beta: 300. 3/29 Beta: 800 3/31 Beta: 1816. 4/1 Beta: 4342. m/c at 6w2d. Goodbye little one. I loved you already.
    P/SAIF Welcome.
    My Blog
    imageimageBirthday image

• I have been having this same issue with the cheapies...Several months back wwhen I started using them, I tested 2x a day, and got an unmistakeable +, I kept testing and it stayed + until the next day, and the day after that there was no second line... but last month and so far this month no + (I just started temping last month, and FF didn't give me crosshairs.. so far none this mont heither, but I'm only on CD16, I shouldn't O until New Years according to FF)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"