Attachment Parenting
Options

Think I've settled on the Storchenwiege - thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who's been giving me suggestions along the way as I ponder which woven wrap to plop DS into until it's his turn to carry me ;D

Do any of you use this one?

Re: Think I've settled on the Storchenwiege - thoughts?

• Options
    I have a Storch Leo (turquoise) and love it! It was my first wrap, and it truly is a workhorse.. I don't baby it, and after 2 yrs it still looks good. I haven't used it much as DS hasn't wanted to be worn much, but pulled it out today because he kept waking up from his nap crying. I put him in a double hammock and he was back out in about 5 minutes! It made me that much more excited for the new squish, so I can use it more often again! There's lots of pretty colorways, too... maybe one day I can try a strips one...*sigh*! Which colorway are you thinking of getting?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is so great to hear! I've been pondering for the longest time - and the Moby is killing me in the meantime.

I am in love with the yellow (Vicki)! The fabric looks beautiful so I can't ponder that too long, either ;P

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Storch Inka and I say go for it!  I love my Inka...She has gotten really soft and easy to wrap with, is beautiful, doesn't show dirt or stains, and I can't even imagine how to get a pull or snag in it...
  • Options

I have a Storch Leo in Bordeaux.  It's beautiful...and indestructible.  That wrap is amazing.  The diamond weave in so pretty.  Plus, the contrasting rails make it a a great warp for a newbie, because you can easily tell which rail you're adjusting/tightening.

I don't use it anymore because it's a size 6 and I'm down to using size 4 and smaller.  Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just bought a new Inka and I really love it.  I have only used it a few times and am working on breaking it in and it's still easy to wrap with.  I am seriously thinking about buying another Storch (Lilly) in a larger size.   I have a Gira and a BBslen also, I think all 3 are great, but am choosing another Storch because I love the colorway and I think (hope) weight of the fabric will be great for the summer. 
  • Options
    Oh, now I'm extra excited! Hoping this thread isn't too buried - would you all order the bigger or smaller size if you were in between?
  • Options
    imageMandJS:

imageurbanflowerpot:
    Oh, now I'm extra excited! Hoping this thread isn't too buried - would you all order the bigger or smaller size if you were in between?

When in doubt, order up a size. You can always chop/hem. But that said - what are the sizes you're thinking. An average sized (shirt size, not height) person should be able to use a size 6/4.6m wrap for MOST things. 

I'd been thinking of getting the 6.4 - but when I gave my height/weight to the guy over at ChildrensNeeds.com he said I could do most with a 6 and not have much fabric left. It gets very humid in PA - and, of course he gave me more options (nooo!) by saying either would work. I usually wear a size small top (or med sometimes).

I think it makese sense to order up - but thought I'd ask you experts.

Big purchases make me so insanely nervous so thank you!!

• Options
    imageMandJS:
    imageurbanflowerpot:
    imageMandJS:

imageurbanflowerpot:

When in doubt, order up a size. You can always chop/hem. But that said - what are the sizes you're thinking. An average sized (shirt size, not height) person should be able to use a size 6/4.6m wrap for MOST things. 

I'd been thinking of getting the 6.4 - but when I gave my height/weight to the guy over at ChildrensNeeds.com he said I could do most with a 6 and not have much fabric left. It gets very humid in PA - and, of course he gave me more options (nooo!) by saying either would work. I usually wear a size small top (or med sometimes).

I think it makese sense to order up - but thought I'd ask you experts.

Big purchases make me so insanely nervous so thank you!!

size 6 or 6.4m? Size 6 should be great if you are a small/medium top. 6.4m is HUGE and I wouldn't know what to do with it.

I'm 5'9"ish - but that doesn't matter, right?

• Options
    Height shouldn't matter too much (just easier for you keep the tails off the ground than us short girls!). My Storch is a 4.6 m, and I can do every carry that I've tried.. I'm a size M/L (more large being pg now). I can tie a double hammock (which is a double layer carry and still have a little bit of tail left, not much). So, I think a 4.6m is a good place to start for most people (if you are looking to try a whole bunch of different carries). I, also have a wrap in a size 4 (3.6m), but I mainly use it for a ruck tied in front (but I haven't tried many carries with it, yet).
  • Options
    imageMandJS:

imagebugsmami:
    Height shouldn't matter too much (just easier for you keep the tails off the ground than us short girls!). My Storch is a 4.6 m, and I can do every carry that I've tried.. I'm a size M/L (more large being pg now). I can tie a double hammock (which is a double layer carry and still have a little bit of tail left, not much). So, I think a 4.6m is a good place to start for most people (if you are looking to try a whole bunch of different carries). I, also have a wrap in a size 4 (3.6m), but I mainly use it for a ruck tied in front (but I haven't tried many carries with it, yet).

This, and for what it's worth, OP, I'm also about 5'9" and a small/medium. You don't need more than a SIZE 6 (which is approximately 4.6m). I also have a size 4 wrap, and LOVE it for quick rucks and similar, but when I thought I had to sell a wrap, I was selling the 4, not the size 6.

Oh, good grief! That'll teach me to catch a head cold and throw numbers around - thank you! I'll get the size 6 AKA 4.6 m AKA medium - I was groggy and reversed the numbers before. 6.4 m would be enough to wrap us all! Surprise

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"