Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Tell me about your child

We did this post a month ago, but there are a lot of new faces.

So...

I know the general stories of some moms here, but not all. I would love to hear about everyone's angels. Long or short, tales of pregnancy, birth stories, memories with your child, the story of their passing - whatever you want to share.

Link to the last post...

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/60614619.aspx 

Re: Tell me about your child

• Options

I posted my story a month or so ago but Kamryn passed away at 19 months due to an accidental at home drowning while I was at work on Sept 10th 2008.

She was amazing.  She was so sweet and was tenderhearted from the day she was born.  In fact when she was born the dr was trying to make her cry and all she would do was give him the pouty lip.

At around 3 months and from then on, if her daddy blew a raspberry on her cheek she would give the pouty lip and then cry b/c her feelings were hurt.  She was the sweetest most gentle little thing.

My fav story sadly takes place on the very day she died. 

I didn't work until 4 that day and that morning she was sitting on my mom's bed playing with her Grammy's computer mouse. (my mom was bedridden and lived with us, she passed 3.5 months after Kam)

Well my mom yelled for me and apparently Kamryn all the sudden realized that if you hollar for mommy she comes... So for the next 2 hours every time I walked out of the room Kam would squeel "MEEEEE MOOOMMMMMEEEEE"

And I would turn around and come back into the room and say, "yes baby.." and she would get this huge grin and just cackle with giggles. 

For some reason it was very very funny to her that I always came back. 

I still miss her every day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Baby Gary was born on Dec. 14, 2011.  He was still born at 30 weeks.  My pregnancy had been completely normal and healthy up until my appointment at 29 weeks.  At that appointment my blood pressure was sky high and there was protein in my urine.  I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and hospitalized for three days before being sent home on strict bed rest.  The following Tuesday I had a terrible feeling as we headed to the doctor for a blood pressure check.  When we got there I was placed on monitor and our worst fears were confirmed.  There was no heartbeat.  We went back to the hospital where labor was induced.  When Gary was born he weighed 2lbs 12 oz.  He had a full head of hair, his mommy's nose, his daddy's everything else and was absolutely perfect.  They had warned us that when we saw him he might look grey or blue, but he was as pink as could be.  He looked so peaceful and beautiful.  We were lucky enough to spend almost two hours with our beautiful baby boy.  Some days it feels like it was yesterday and some days it feels like it was decades ago, but every day I think of my little boy and home proud of him I am and how much I miss him. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Mary Reyna was born and passed away on 7/31/09. She was born at 23 weeks and died about 45 minutes later. We found out at a routine u/s that she had pushed my membranes out and I was dilating with no cervix left. I had an emergency cerclage but due to PROM, I got an infection. So, she got it too. That morning I wasn't feeling right and then started having seizures where they almost lost me. So, DH had to make the decision to have her delivered. She was born kicking and trying to breathe. That was the hardest thing I had ever seen...I begged for them to save her but she was just too small. She passed away in her daddys arms.

I miss her everyday and wish she was here. She was so beautiful and perfect. Her little brother Kimo looks just like her.  :)

MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ethan's nickname was PYT (after the song) and his middle name is in honor of Michael Jackson, one of my favorite singers. To all of his appointments, I would play PYT on the car stereo for him. That was our little Mommy & Me moment. I still play the song just because it reminds me of the connection we had.
  • Options

At our 20 week anatomy scan, we discovered that our baby had no fluid surrounding him. We were sent to a perinatologist who discovered that he had no kidneys and therefore would not survive. After 6 weeks of tough discussions we decided to carry as long as we could to cherish every moment we had with him. Along the way we discovered the baby was breech and, since I'm not a good candidate for c-section, it was likely that we'd have to induce early. We induced at 36 weeks and he blessed us with 35 minutes of life after his birth. It was a long, heartbreaking, emotional, trying journey that we chose to take. However, we cherish every moment we got with him both before and after his birth. Our Gabriel has taught us so much about love, life, and everything in between. I miss him every moment of every day a nd wish he was here with us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"