TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Can I join?

Hi ladies... I hope some of you remember me.  I'm sad to see so many of you still here.  I took a break from TB after my 3rd MC, cleared my head, quit my mega-stress job, took a month off with DH and spent lots of quality time with our RE.  Anyways, we're trying again starting this cycle and I'd love to join back in and offer support.  Here's to a MUCH better 2012 for all of us and thank you for having me back if you will :)

Re: Can I join?

• Options
    Hello, sorry about your struggles. Hope this year brings you comfort and happiness.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

thank you for your reply.

Based on the number of views my post received and the lack of replies, I'm thinking that I was perhaps in the wrong to post here....?? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just haven't seen you before.  The members of this group have been active part of the TTCAL community before posting here.  I posted on TTCAL for over 10 months before coming over.

I'm very sorry for your loss though.  Please join us over on TTCAL.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry you're here. Hopefully 2012 brings a lot of happiness and joy!
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • Options
    imageerinfiona:

Based on the number of views my post received and the lack of replies, I'm thinking that I was perhaps in the wrong to post here....?? 

Posts on 6+ get a lot of views and not a lot of responses in general. 

Lack of responses might be because people just do not recognize you. I personally don't. One of the biggest things for 6+ is not only TTCAL for 6+ months, but also an active part of the community for 6+ months... to where people know you and recognize you.

I'm not saying 6+ isn't the right place for you. I would hate to turn someone away if they think this side of the board is better for you than the other side. My suggestion would be to offer up a lot of support and let us get the chance to know you.  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    imageCashewsMommy:
    imageerinfiona:

Posts on 6+ get a lot of views and not a lot of responses in general. 

Lack of responses might be because people just do not recognize you. I personally don't. One of the biggest things for 6+ is not only TTCAL for 6+ months, but also an active part of the community for 6+ months... to where people know you and recognize you.

I'm not saying 6+ isn't the right place for you. I would hate to turn someone away if they think this side of the board is better for you than the other side. My suggestion would be to offer up a lot of support and let us get the chance to know you.  

Very well said and I completely agree.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I recognize you from TTCAL.  Welcome over here, although I'm sorry you are joining us.  And I agree with Petra -

imagePetraStonegirl:

Oh, and don't let the high views/low responses bother you. we're kind of like the zoo here. Only a folks live here, but everyone likes to watch. 

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options

Ok.  I'm sorry but I have to reply to this.  I haven't see YOU before, especially not on TTCAL which I was active on for a very long time... I've had 3 losses over 2 years, not just the one you offer condolences to me for before telling me to go to another board.   I took maybe a month off from posting, politely offer an intro, and I get this? 

• Options
    imagenewerinfiona:

Ok.  I'm sorry but I have to reply to this.  I haven't see YOU before, especially not on TTCAL which I was active on for a very long time... I've had 3 losses over 2 years, not just the one you offer condolences to me for before telling me to go to another board.   I took maybe a month off from posting, politely offer an intro, and I get this? 

This is in response to cmumama.  Petra and carolee, I remember you too and thank you for your kind responses.  Cashew, I remember you well and had hoped you'd have remembered me too. 

• Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imagenewerinfiona:
    imagenewerinfiona:

This is in response to cmumama.  Petra and carolee, I remember you too and thank you for your kind responses.  Cashew, I remember you well and had hoped you'd have remembered me too. 

Deep breath, Erin. I know cmumama didn't give you the welcome you were hoping for, and I'm sorry for it. But, she was taking a break from the TTCAL board when you were more active on the boards, I believe.

I think it's truly a case of crossed-wires, and I propose a truce.

We are all in a very shitty position to still be here after all this time.

As for Cashews, I didn't see anything to indicate that she didn't remember you, she was just working to let you know not to take a slow reception personally.

I hope you'll stick around.

Oh, and what happened to your s/n? Is teh bump not letting you into your usual one? 

Hi Petra.  Thanks for taking the time to reply, it means a lot, please know that.

Actually Cashews did specifically say she personally doesn't remember me.  That stung a wee bit, but cumama's response is what upset me so much, after all of the time I have spent on TTCAL during 3 MCs over 2 years, that I deleted my original account.  I can usually let things go, but that hit such a nerve when I read it.  I seriously was a mess last night because of it.   This is supposed to be a safe place (that I really need right now) and she made it feel like anything but.  She couldn't even be bothered to read my old siggie. 

It would be nice to hear a reply from her. 

Thank you again for making me feel welcome.  I just don't know that I'll be sticking around.  I wish you all the best in 2012.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"