Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Bleeding question...

I m/c on Sunday. I had really heavy bleeding for 12 hours. Like soaking through a pad and my pants every hour type of bleeding. The kept me in the hospital to monitor that until it finally slowed down. The bleeding slowed to a new pad every 3 hours and has remained like that until today. I am not soaking through them but I  bleeding more again. I had an u/s yesterday and they didn't mention anything do I am just wondering how long and how much you all bled for after your m/c? We are suppose to be going out of town this weeken d for a week but I am questioning if maybe we shouldn't.

Re: Bleeding question...

• Options
    I am also still passing clots the size of peanut m&m's
  • Options

I don't have an answer for you, but I've been wondering the same thing.  I miscarried on Saturday and, like you, had very very heavy bleeding for hours. Then I was only spotting for a day or so, and as of yesterday was heavier again, like a regular period.  Doctor yesterday said that it was normal and that the worst of it had passed.  I'm so ready for it to be over.

Maybe ask your Doctor what they recommend?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my dr said it should take up to two weeks for the bleeding from the miscarriage to stop completely but if after one week it hasnt improved at all or gotten a little lighter to call her. mine is slowing down...

my first m/c was missed so I had a D&C and then also had to take cytotec twice in one week after the D&C....this time it was natural so I didnt know what to expect but dr said up to two weeks of bleeding......but since yours is so heavy, if after one full week the amount hasnt changed I'd say call to check in with your dr...some women bleed for longer and its just fine....everyones body is different as well as how far a long you were...

I bled for a while after my D&C....this one is starting to taper off already...thank God.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bled for about 10 days. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I had a D&C after I started to naturally miscarriage the night before, so I'm not too sure how long the bleeding lasts.  I think it is different for every woman and the bleeding can fluctuate day by day.  Hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    I would definitely call your Dr if you have any concerns. I had a d&c after I was bleeding like you in the beginning so I don't really have advice as to how much is normal after. I would def go back to the er though if the bleeding increases to a pad an hour thought. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope the bleeding lessens by this weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For both of my miscarriages, I bled pretty steadily for about five days (with the heaviest in the first three days).  My OB reiterated several times that if the bleeding every got to the point where I was soaking through one thick pad an hour for three consecutive hours, that I should come in to the hospital.  But, like you, I had to change my pad every three hours for about the first three days.  In regards to the clots, even after the bleeding slowed down I still passed the occassional clot.  But, I did pass large clots throughout those first three days.

But, like someone already mentioned, never hesitate to call your doctor if you have any concerns whatsoever!

Miscarriage July 2011~~ Baby Conceived October 2011; Miscarried December 6th~~ Baby Conceived October 2012;EDD June 27th, 2013 (Hypothyroidism and taking daily shots of Lovenox for blood clotting disorder) 4w6d - HCG 73 5w1d - HCG 166 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    If you count the spotting and bleeding I'm on day 14, but the heaviest of the bleeding lasted about six days then turned back into spotting.  I just saw my midwife yesterday and everything looks fine.  I know I didn't want to go anywhere when the bleeding was still going strong but I had a lot of pain with it.  If you aren't hurting too bad you might consider still taking your vacation because it sounds like it will be slowing down soon.  They told me anything up to two weeks is perfectly normal. 
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies :) it really helps me out!
  • Options

I started spotting last Wednesday and it turned to period like bleeding on Thursday.  My pad would stay clean but when I would use the bathroom, mucous like clots and bright red blood would fill the bowl.  This Tuesday, the bleeding began to lessen and today it's completely gone. 

Good luck, I'm sorry for your loss.

BFP#1: 9.16.08 DD: 5.28.09
    BFP#2: 7.10.11 MMC: 8.3.11 D&C: 8.29.11
    BFP#3: 12.5.11 MC: 12.22.11
    BFP#4: 2.14.12 MMC: 3.8.12 D&C: 3.13.12 Loss due to Trisomy 16
    BFP#5: 6.11.12 MC: 6.28.12 Loss due to Triploidy
    RPL BW, Sonohystogram, Chromosome testing on DH and myself = everything is normal
    BFP#6: 12.4.12 EDD: 8.16.13
    Things I did different with this pregnancy:
    1. Waited TTC until after I had 3 normal menstrual cycles.
    2. Got a new OB - amazing man who listened!
    3. 200 mg progesterone until 12 weeks
    4. Daily lovenox injections
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"