Health & Exercise
Options

weight gain

Ladies I am here for a little motivation. I had my 30 week apt yesterday and was told that I had too much weight gain in the past month. For my first 2 trimesters I was right on track then we had thanksgiving and christmas and well I fell off the healthy living train right into gluttony town... That said I need to really up the exercise and eat right so in 2 weeks I dont have to have the "your gaining too much weight" talk again. My fragile hormone ridden self esteem cant take it. So heres the real post

Whats your favorite snack and take to work meals? I'm also looking for some exercise tips I have been walking (cant run anymore bc I get too winded too fast) But now that its cold out do you have any good inside exercises? 

Thanks ladies! Heres hoping for a good 2 weeks :-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: weight gain

• Options

I don't know how much you gained but I put on 10 lbs in my 5 th month got the lecture, changed very little because I was eating right/exercising and gained 2 lbs the next month...sometimes your body just does what it does.

I'm still on the elliptical at the gym, easier than running but I am NOT swimming in the winter-indoor pool or not.  But I have a gym membership...if you're looking for stuff at home I'd try some prenatal yoga DVDs and bundle up and keep walking.  Anymore as far as food goes I'm kinda back to first tri mentality and eating what I can because my appetite is nil at this stage..but at 30 weeks I was grazing on string cheese, hardboiled eggs, veggie sticks or concoctions from my juicer (at home), protein bars, chobani etc.  Small protein packed frequent meals was all that worked for me until she dropped. 

• Options

I would also estimate I gained about 10 pounds in my fifth month, after gaining maybe 1-2 pounds from months one to four. If you look at my total weight gain, I'm only up about 12, but if you look at that one month--holy moly! I'm chalking it up to a growth spurt.

I have a refrigerator and microwave in my classroom. I try to keep the fridge stocked with fruits, baby carrots, Greek yogurt, hummus, and cheese. I have nuts and whole wheat crackers on hand most of the time. I like those small microwaveable soups as part of a meal or a snack. Most of my actual lunches are just leftovers, so I can't help much with lunch ideas. 

I'm not allowed to exercise as of two weeks ago (too many contractions and irritable uterus) but before that, I was also walking a lot outside. I also did upper body weights inside at my house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not the healthiest snacker, but I do pace myself. I work out three times a week, with half an hour if high resistance elliptical, followed by 20 minutes free weights and stretching. I have had this routine for years though, so I mostly focus on maintaining fitness. Do you have netflix? I use a prenatal yoga I found on streaming.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm hoping to slow the gaining process now that the holidays are over (I work new years eve) and get back on track. I cant wait to use netflix for some prenatal yoga in my living room!! Such a good idea, I forgot that netflix had good work out videos!  ha ha 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    just keep in mind your body might gain depsite that one month and not as much the next.  every pregnanyc is different and it may not be anything you are doing right or wrong it may just be the way your body reacts to pregnancy.  focus on eating healthy and staying active for the other benefits (good for baby, being active is said to make L@D easier)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"