Attachment Parenting
Options

bedsharing with 3 1/2 yr old, and new DS?

I'm due in May, and DS will be 4 in July. I love having him in our bed, but I feel like as the baby comes closer, it's coming time for him to be in his big boy room, in his own bed... but how??

I literally tear up at the thought of not having him cuddled up next to me at night. I love waking up to his sweet face. DS#2 will be bedsharing once he gets here to help with night time nursing, but I'm planning on using the crib for naps (which we never did for DS).

I've thought of moving the crib in our room, and letting DS2 sleep in it other than when he needs nursed, and letting DS stay in our bed. 

I'm obviously torn. Advice?

image image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: bedsharing with 3 1/2 yr old, and new DS?

• Options
    I'm due in 2 weeks with DS#2 and DS#1 is still in bed with us. He'll be 5 in April. We just ended up buying a king bed because we didn't feel it was fair to just kick him out of our bed because of a new baby. We're still working on how it will work out, but so far he's pretty good at snuggling with daddy because I need more room. I figure once baby gets here, we'll have a clearer picture of how it will work out, but for now we're not changing things up. I should also add we're in the process of buying a new house and as of right now, we're all in a 1 bedroom....yikes. ;) Good luck. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, you've got your hands full mama! Good luck with all of the moving/baby/ds! Hopefully it will work out.

DS is a HUGE sleeper, spreads out and roots me out of bed as it is, and we have a king. I really don't want to kick him out either. Guess we'll figure it out as we go.

I'm thinking of getting an arms reach co sleeper for the new baby.

image image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm lurking but interested in the idea of bed sharing. I was bed sharing with DD then moved her to a Rock n Play next to the bed because of reflux but she is really outgrowng it and hates the crib... I'm thinking of trying it again to see how it works out. 

I don't know how it would work with 2 though - won't the new baby keep your DS awake at night? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"