January 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone make a giant cupcake?

I have smash cake pics tonight for JT and I'm making him the giant cupcake. Well the top side of it is burning and the base of it is still wet in the center. UGH! Now what?????

I guess it won't matter that it's a bit burnt cause he won't know the difference and it'll be covered in icing but this is annoying. What did I do wrong? I have to make this again for the birthday party.

I swear, when I try to cut costs and be somewhat like a Martha Stewart it ALWAYS backfires! 

Re: Anyone make a giant cupcake?

• Options

lol, that stinks!! I hear ya though, stuff like that always happens to me. I always wanted to try to make one of those.

You're right though, with some icing- no one will know in the pictures! Good luck tonight, can't wait to see pics!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks. We use the one where the top and bottom are seperate pieces. Sorry with I had some advice foryou.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, special pans. You might want to set it on the lower rack if you didn't, depending on where the heating element in your oven is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I used the special pans. Next time I'll try bottom rack. It didn't come out too bad...I thought it was going to be way worse. Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    Lower the temp 25 degrees and let it go a couple minutes longer...just watch it like a hawk when the time is cloe to being up.
  • Options
    imageDoodle2011:
    Lower the temp 25 degrees and let it go a couple minutes longer...just watch it like a hawk when the time is cloe to being up.
    Will do! Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"