Parenting after a Loss
Options

Nursery Thoughts (XP)

I posted this on my BMB too but value you're input. 

I'm not a big one on themes for rooms, more of putting together things I like.  However, that being said I'm leaning toward somewhat of a theme, you could say, for my little guy and need your thoughts.

First, DH is a firefighter and I have this framed poster that I love but don't have any where to put it in the house.  I thought about using it in his room.

Thinking the room would be painted a brownish/gold then add one large horizontal stripe (maybe 12" wide) with two smaller ones (3" wide) on the top and bottom of the larger one around the room. 

The furniture is white and I'd accent with red and other bright colors.  I don't want to make it a fire theme room so would add some other artwork (ABC's, dogs, etc) in reds.  I do want to incorporate the saying "You're first breath took ours away" somewhere.  Also, once and if we decide on a name, maybe put his name above his crib.

The bedding would be red, brown and my mom will be making him a quilt so no need for the bed in a bag thing.  It wouldn't be a mickey theme, nor really a fire theme but would have elements in it.

I also have our build-a-bear for him that we opened on Christmas that is a little firefighter too.

What do you think? Honestly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12

Re: Nursery Thoughts (XP)

• Options

I like the idea a lot.  I'm with you, I don't like themes and everything being too matchy matchy.  Seems like you are on to something very cute!

Can't wait to see the pictures when its done. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like it.  I think if you make it more about the colors and less about Mickey/Firefighters it will work without being too matchy-matchy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love it and think the poster is great inspiration!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Love it. 
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options

imagetheprincessPAT:
    I like it.  I think if you make it more about the colors and less about Mickey/Firefighters it will work without being too matchy-matchy.

This.  The poster is SUPER cute and it sounds like you've got a great idea on how to tie it all together.  FUN!!! 

Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
    *So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
    and one handsome little man*
    RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
    Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
    Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"