Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Not talking as much anymore?

My DD is almost 7 months and since about 6 months has really slowed down on babbling/talking.  She used to babble all the time and has really slowed down.  She laughs, smiles and blows rasberries all the time, but not so many vowels and/or consonants.  She's meeting all of her milestones, so I'm not worried there.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not talking as much anymore?

• She's probably just working on other milestones right now...I know my DS was working on tons of physical milestones since 5.5 months and wasn't saying too much but just recently he's started talking up a storm!  Just keep an eye on things but I'd bet she's just fine!!
  • I was concerned about this too. My DD has Early Intervention for some other slight delays, but the therapist told us that often when babies are very focused on learning something new that takes all of their attention. The therapist said that it often happens when they are learning to crawl or learning to walk, the more physical milestones. They were not concerned at all with the decrease in babbling and said it was likely she will start right back up again when she has mastered what she is currently working on.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS goes through phases like this all the time. Some months, he will talk up a storm and sometimes he'll go weeks without making a peep. It seems that my other friend's who have babies do the same. Like PP stated, she's probably just working on other physical milestones. I wouldn't worry! HTH!
  • I noticed this too, and I agree with a pp. He's probably just focusing on other milestones right now.

• I've noticed this too. Working on other milestones makes sense. Also, my boy has something in his mouth nonstop while awake with all his drooling- makes it hard to babble around your toys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"