June 2011 Moms
Options

What's the deal with being flatfooted in the exersaucer?

They are supposed to be on their toes in the exersaucer and jumperoo, right? Why? What's the risk associated with being on flat feet?

I just realized that DD is now flat footed on the highest setting. Do I have to retire it now? I really just use it to entertain her while I shower... 

Re: What's the deal with being flatfooted in the exersaucer?

• Options

imagebabysteps23:
    something to do with the stress on their knees and joints hitting the ground flat footed

Yes,  that exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebabysteps23:
    something to do with the stress on their knees and joints hitting the ground flat footed I believe, atleast for the jumperoo

Yeah, that. That being said, DS stands flat footed in his exersaucer (we don't have a jumperoo) but he doesn't jump...and I don't plan on retiring ours right now. He only stands a couple seconds at a time (otherwise he lets his legs dangle) so I don't think he's going to hurt himself. Plus, he loves that d@mn thing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked my pedi about this and she said that in an exersaucer she sees no problem with them being flat footed. I dont know about the jumping ones cause DD just has the non jumping kind
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok, thanks ladies! I wont worry about it too much since she's only in it for ten mins a day and she's not big on bouncing in it.
  • Options

I think we posted about this when LO's hit the 4 month mark.  This is what I found then:

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Evenflo Exersaucers.

When a child is placed into the Exersaucer it is advised the child not be flat footed. The recommendation is for a variety of reasons. The Exersaucers are capable of rocking; when a child is flat footed the momentum a child is able to get is more significant when flat footed versus on tip toe. The child has more balance when positioned flat foot which can make it easier for a child to tip the Exersaucer or climb out.

Children who are in the Exersaucer are not capable of walking yet, therefore full body weight is not recommended on the child?s legs when a child bounces/jumps. When the child gets excited or stimulated by the toys a child will often bounce or jump. The impact of a child?s full body weight coming down from a bounce/jump is not being caught by the Exersaucer springs if the child is placed in the Exersaucer with flat feet.

I hope the above information is helpful in explaining why a child is recommended to remain tip toed while in the Exersaucer.

Thank you for contacting Evenflo. I appreciate the time you have taken to email us.

Amanda Penny

Senior ParentLink Representative

Evenflo Company Inc."

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"