LGBT Parenting
Options

New here....and new to all of this! Would love some advice :)

Hello! My name is Melissa and my Wife and I were married this year in front of our family and friends here in Michigan. I've never been so happy, and neither has she. We recently began talking about having a child. We live in a state that doesn't believe in equal rights, therefore, second parent adoption is not an option, so we were hesitant at first. 

I'm 33 and we are going to try to get pregnant with donor sperm, and I'll be the one to carry. We have a long way to go before we try, though, because I want to be at a good weight and we want to be in a good place financially. We are just beginning our research and would love to hear about your stories about TTC and such. 

There are a lot of resources out there, several sperm bank options and it is all a little overwhelming. Do you have any tips?  

I'm so in love and we're so happy that we can't imagine not being able to share it. 

Thanks for listening!  

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: New here....and new to all of this! Would love some advice :)

• Options
    Welcome! Read the FAQ at the top of the boards - it is a great place to get started!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome to the board!  I grew up in Michigan, but live in MN now:)

I guess my one tip is to allow yourself to do all kinds of research, take the time you need/want, and trust your gut.  Everyone comes to different conclusions about the best way to grow their family for them--you will, too! 

Best wishes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and good luck with your planning and preparing!
  • Options

Welcome!  I am also 33 and about five months into the TTC process, hoping to get pregnant in 2012.  As others have said, check out the FAQ and stick around -- feel free to ask us questions as there are women here in all stages of pre-conception planning, TTC and parenting.  I'd also recommend that you read up on all the lesbian conception books (and Taking Charge of Your Fertility), all of which I'm sure are covered in the FAQ.

We were exactly where you are two years ago -- pretty much ready emotionally but trying to get to a good weight (me) and get our finances in order.  I was about 80 lbs overweight and knew it would make a difference in my own health, my fertility and the health of my future baby (we also picked a skinny sperm donor -- can't hurt!).  It took me two years but I lost 85 lbs and have never been happier or felt better.  I'm a little terrified of gaining weight when I get pregnant but at least now I know how to lose it afterwards.  So I just wanted to say, go for it!  I've read that even losing 10% of your body weight is helpful for fertility.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"