Potty Training

pt blues.

Okay so ds#2 really doesn't seem into the whole pt thing. He will be interested for  day or 2 and then go weeks w/ wanting nothing to do w/ it. Which lets me know he's probably not really ready. However, he hates having wet or dirty diapers. If i don't get to him the instant he has a dirty diaper he will make a huge mess w/ it. Which isn't always possible if i'm changing or doing something for ds#3. I tried putting him in big boy underwear (this worked for ds#1 so I thought we'd give it a shot) but he just treats it like a diaper. He doesn't like the training potty at all he wants to use the big potty. However, our potty is too high for him so he can't get on and off by himself yet. So if I'm not right there he will try to get on or off and fall every time. Again, sometimes it is not possible b/c I'm trying to do something for ds#3. If he would use the training potty he could get on and off whenever he wants.

Also ds#3 is high maintenance and hates being put down. Ds#2 likes when I sit w/ him the whole time he is on the potty which sometimes can be 10+mins the whole time ds#3 is crying b/c I'm not holding him.

I don't know what to do b/c dh is insistent that he learns since he keeps making messes w/ his diapers However, trying to pt him is taking all my time and I can't even hold, feed or otherwise care for ds#3 b/c of how much time he needs me to take w/ him. If I could have another person here 24/7 to help for weeks then I could probably do it but I'm home all day by myself as dh works 10-12 hour days everyday.

Don't know what I'm looking for here. Just needed somewhere to vent about this as it feels like he is never going to be pt.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: pt blues.

• I obviously only have 1 child so my advice might not work for you but I thought I would try to help :).  My DD was treating underwear like pull ups to so we are keeping her naked from the waist down and keeping the little potty in our main living area.  She is still having accidents but she is catching on quicker not having underwear on...plus there is less laundry for me.  

If he really just will not sit on the little potty and insists on using the big potty maybe one of these items will work for the big potty.  I've had some friends use these with success.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mommys-Helper-Cushie-Step-Up-Potty-Seat/10088172

Or

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Progressions-Toddler-Adult-Toilet-Seat-White/16877756#Product+Reviews

Also have you tried bringing Your 3rd child in the bathroom with you?  Maybe you could wear your 3rd child in a Ergo carrier.  That way he is held (on your back) and DS2 has your attention too.

Sorry if this is all stuff you've tried or thought of already, I was just hoping to help :)

Potty training is rough!! Good Luck :) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was pting DS1, I would carry with DS2 with me into the bathroom when necessary or wear him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"