Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sippy??

Ok I have a few sippy cups for my son and I give it to him and he just plays with it... I actually tried to drink out of it and it was soooo very hard to get anything out even for me?!  I have to suck EXTRA hard.. we have the nubby brand.. I mean if i cant get anything out how is he supposed to!?  Am I missing something?

Re: Sippy??

• is there a way you can increase the air flow that might help. We are skipping sippy cups and going straight to cups so I dont have much advice. for cups we use small outdoor cups or s shot glass lol sounds funny but easy for baby to hold 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use the TommyTippee brand, and I love them. They don't leak, and it's easy for her to drink out of. (I tried it out before I gave it to her) I don't use anything else that is that brand, but i really love the sippy cups.
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • DD hasn't really figured out how to drink out of the sippy yet, but she can out of a straw cup.  I thought that would be harder for her but she gets it right out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejamlsull:
    DD hasn't really figured out how to drink out of the sippy yet, but she can out of a straw cup.  I thought that would be harder for her but she gets it right out!

We had better luck with the straw sippy with DS #1 too.  DS#2 drinks well out of both.  I personally don't love the Nuby brand.  They're hard to clean and break open easily when they are dropped on the floor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have playtex and they are great for no leaks and you don't have to try to hard to get fluid out of it. My pedi actually said that it's a little early for sippy cups, so I'm holding off.

I do think all kiddos are different and some will take to the cups faster than others.

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• We have a straw cup that has a valve on it and it's really hard to get anything out of that thing (I tried it too). I also got some Playtex sippys and they have a removable valve. Right now DS just bangs the cup on the table or chews on the lid anyway, so he's go a ways to go.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"