VBAC

Iris and Augusto mommy....

at the dr for my visit today and he suggested gently pumping for breast stimulation/help with natural induction. I think if i am not mistaken you did this before DS birth. How long? and what setting? just a gentle one right?

The OB said about 20-ish minutes a night for the next few night may help labor along.

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014

Re: Iris and Augusto mommy....

• I did it for 30 minutes--15 minutes on each side.  I used an electric pump and I just used whatever setting was comfortable.  I did it for three nights and went into labor at 2 am on the third night.  It might have just been a coincidence, but there are studies showing that pumping can make a difference so who knows!

GL :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just wanted to chime in that I did this too.  I did 15 minutes with an electric pump on each side, too.

I did it for one night and I didn't have any contractions while pumping.  I did that at probably 9PM.  I woke up at 2:30 having steady contractions and was in early labor then.  

I had a pretty long labor and I did pump occasionally when my labor slowed down, too.  I ended up with my successful VBAC. :)

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice.......and here I go.....wish me luck....gonna try and sneak into the bedroom....so i dont terrify my five year old with the pumping....and plus kids his age tell everybody everything....not interested in the preschool teacher knowing about breast pumps. lol

neervous and excited to get this VBAC party started!

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"