Babies: 6 - 9 Months

disappearing tooth??!

My LO has his 2 front bottoms, got them when he turned 6 months old...3 weeks ago, he was super fussy and while giving him a bath, I poked around in his mouth and noticed VOILA. the tip of a 3rd tooth...in the lower canine area. O.o

The area itself was hard & the white dot of the tooth was very visible.

fast forward 3 weeks later...the white dot is GONE! WHAT?! the area is not swollen, the gums aren't swollen over it, it's just gone. 

Anybody heard of something like this happening? a receding tooth?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: disappearing tooth??!

• This happened with DS's first tooth. He got the bottom right around 4.5 months (just poked through enough to see). Then it was gone! It took about a month for him to get it back, he got the bottom left then the bottom right 6 days later. I posted on here when it happened and I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was crazy, even the pedi... But I swear it happened!!

• Was the white dot sharp when you touched it? If not it could have been an epstine (sp?) pearl. They are these little white bumps that some babies get on their gums. They are harmless, but my pedi said that they can be an annoying to LO and cause teething behavior. DD has gotten them since she was two month and I thought they were teeth. There is not treatment for them, they will just go away on their own.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetoadstool:
    Was the white dot sharp when you touched it? If not it could have been an epstine (sp?) pearl. They are these little white bumps that some babies get on their gums. They are harmless, but my pedi said that they can be an annoying to LO and cause teething behavior. DD has gotten them since she was two month and I thought they were teeth. There is not treatment for them, they will just go away on their own.

This is what people said to me, but DS definitely got a tooth and it disappeared. I am 100% sure and MIL saw it and said it was a tooth too (and she had 6 kids!)

Not saying it's not what PP said, but I think it's possible to get a tooth and have it disappear.

• thanks ladies! good to know i'm not crazy :P 

The white dot/bump was round & not sharp. but it felt hard underneath. if you will, it looked like a perfectly round pimple. gross i know.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not saying that it wasn't a tooth but, for what it's worth, the pearls can be hard and look just like you described.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"