Pregnant after 35
Options

Hijoi, a post on August '12 made me think of you

Someone posted that they weren't told what to expect at their 1st appointment. Asked if that was normal and if an u/s is just offered or if you "request" it.

Rubbed me all kinds of the wrong way. It's a relatively expensive test, not a side of fries! "Request" it?!?!

Sheesh, hormones make me a b!tch.

Re: Hijoi, a post on August '12 made me think of you

• Options

Yeah, even gender guesses at the a/s are still only 95% or so, and the 6 or so weeks between then and the NT Scan makes a huuuuuuge difference. I think I'd totally ignore, and possibly side-eye, an u/s tech that told me what the gender was at the NT Scan.

And yeah, the entitlement really, really bugs me. U/S's take time and money. If you're not high risk then pay for one of those 4D things, don't expect your insurance to pay for it and your doc to waste his/her time pandering to your wishes. 

• Options
    imagehijoi:

The new thing on the July board is gender gueeses at the NT scan. Really? Peenies and Ginies still look alike at 12 weeks....  At least we didn't have to go through the whole lunch meat thing....

AH HA HA HA!!! Thanks for that! Too funny!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"