Northern California Babies

Poll! WORST thing that happened during the holidays this year.

A post all about the worst/most annoying/etc thing that happened/you experienced during the holidays this year......

Re: Poll! WORST thing that happened during the holidays this year.

• My MIL already causing drama (only a few hours after learning about the baby). She offered to buy us a crib, but I told her they didn't need to do that since DH and I have already picked one out we love, but it's kind of expensive ($900) and I didn't want them to have to pay for that. Later that night (after DH and I were already gone), she mentioned it to FIL and BIL and BIL's G/F, but twisted it so that I had said her and FIL were not "allowed" to buy us a crib, and conveniently left out the part about it being expensive. BIL's G/F spoke up to remind MIL about why I declined, fortunately. But instead of that clearing things up, it was asked how much the crib was, and FIL responded "that's ridiculous!" Whatever... DH and I both make very good money and can afford it, and both love this particular crib. And that's exactly why I didn't want them to pay for it, because I figured it would likely be more than they'd care to spend on a crib! But, instead of realizing I was trying to be thoughtful, MIL turned it into yet another opportunity for her to play the "victim".

Sadly, I fear this is a harbinger of things to come. The only bright spot is that DH is 100% behind me on this, and is mad at his parents for their reaction too (and plans to have a chat with them about it to set them straight). 

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• I can't believe my inlaws bought us ANOTHER ride on toy for Christmas. It is the third in 3 years. Where the heck do they think we are going to be able to put this!?!

• Loading the player...
  • The worst thing was definitely IVF failing and then having AF over Christmas. :(
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I went over the our neighbors to let their dog out, and on the way slipped on the sidewalk that was covered in thick ice. I was carrying A on my hip, and we both went down. I held on to her as tight as I could, and she didn't fall out of my arms, but I thought her head might have hit the cement...I couldn't be sure since we landed at the same time. If it didn't hit, it came within inches. We watched her closely all day, talked to the advice nurse and my dad (who's a doctor) and thank God she was okay - not even a bump on her head.

Moral: be safe when going out in this cold!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No BFP to share with family...not even a sign that the met is working:(
    Dancing Through Life
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married August 22, 2009-TTC #1 since 1/11
    Dx PCOS and Hypothyroidism in 2004, SA 5/11-Excellent!
    Cycle #1-6-Anovulatory:(
    Cycle #7-metformin+clomid+acupuncture-BFP!!!
    Beta#1(16dpo)-101, Beta#2(18dpo)-240, Beta#3(22dpo)-1,255
    EDD 10-28-12
  • Having our across the street neighbor come over last night telling us that the gas lines in both her trucks were cut over Christmas, and all the gas was siphoned out of both trucks.

Merry Christmas to our neighborhood : (

• Having MIL show up 2 hours late for her visit that she let us know about an hour before she was supposed to be there (follow that Wink) which then pushed back when I was supposed to head to my mom's to wrap all the gifts.  Then my mom freaks out about how she can't really make Christmas Eve dinner since she doesn't have a fridge and asks me to take stuff out of the freezer, which I then find out is some fancy Mac and Cheese from Williams Sonoma.  Why she couldn't handle that one without a fridge is beyond me but it wasn't enough food so I ended up having to pull together Christmas Eve dinner, then get the kids to bed and dash over to my mom's to wrap gifts.  Thinking she'd spent the day taking care of all of her gifts and could help me I was pissed to find she'd done nothing.  Not that it's her responsibility but I still don't know what she did all day that led to dinner dumped in my lap and my being up to midnight dealing with gifts.

The part that makes this all so crappy and not just a petty vent is that my body was beat to crap after this day ( I have cancer for those who don't know) so I slept crappy and then felt like a big ball of *** come Christmas morning.  I had a pretty rough Christmas last year and I had planned so hard to ensure it didn't happen again and yet it did.  I'm bawling again writing this out because if there is ever a time that it sucks to have cancer it's on Christmas morning when you are trying so hard to make it the best day ever for your kids. Crying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"