Two Under 2
Options

Getting pregnant while EBF

We have a sweet 4 month old boy are hoping to conceive again soon but AF hasn't returned yet. I am EBFing and don't want to start solids until 6 months....he has started STTN so I'm hoping that kicks my fertility back - anyone have experience with ttc and breastfeeding? Hoping to join you ladies eventually!! Happy holidays!
BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Getting pregnant while EBF

• Options
    I EBF DD and didn't get a period until 2 months after I weaned. Plenty of people do get their periods during BFing though. You just never know. 

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options

I am currently pregnant with my second, and I EBF still. It did take a LONG time for AF to come back, like over a year. We actively TTC for 2-3 months and starting charting on the 4th month. That's all it took- but everyone is very different. Just make sure you dont give up the BF too soon, just because you want to TTC- the bonding experience its like nothing else (my humble opinion) and If it helps any, I am still EBF and will until my son weans on his own.

jonathan march[/url]&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers]image
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest was STTN from very early on and I never got a period, but still got pregnant. lol So it's completely possible to get pregnant with out getting a period or such. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Instead of charting, I started using OPKs. Having to remember to temp was just one more thing I would have forgotten in those early months. You can get them at the dollar store now. I started taking them every other day, so I would still catch it but not use a ton of tests.
  • Options

I recently found out I am pregnant and I am still nursing my 13 month old daughter.  I never introduced formula but did introduce baby food at 6 months, and started whole milk at 12 months.  She currently nurses 2 times a day.  My period returned around 6 months PP, even though I EBF. 

Good luck.  OPK sticks are great and the ones at the dollar store do work.

Our beautiful daughter arrived after 4 long years TTC! Christmas Eve 2011 we got our miracle surprise BFP! unmedicated cycle Beta #1 = 674 Beta #2 = 1905 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I guess I just have to be patient - I definitely agree and don't plan to reduce nursing in order to ttc! I used opks from the dollar store to conceive my Max! Thanks for the replies, hope to be back one day!! 

• Options

We got lucky and caught the 1st egg before I ever had a period.  Woot!  DS was 9 months old and had been on solids for 3 months.  He had been sleeping through the night since around 3-4 months and that did not bring my fertility back.  When my fertility returned, he was down to BFing before his 2 naps and before bedtime 

The week before I got my BFP, I actually had my annual with my gyno/OB and discussed how to bring my fertility back.  She recommended substituting one BFing session with pumping because I did want to BF until he was at least a year. 

Besides having sex all willy nilly, I am not sure how you could proactively TTC while EBFing.  Not sure if you charted with your 1st or not, but you could start temping and checking CM.  (Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you don't know what I am talking about.)  I actually started charting a week before my annual appt but I was already on my way to being pregnant at the time.  Oh, the irony.  

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Last year I had my first son August 14th 2010. I was EBFing him when I became pregnant with my second 3 months later. I had my second boy August 26 2011 so it is definitely possible to concieve will EBFing.

Two babies close together is so much fun! Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Girls! Maybe once he hits 6 months I will pump in the morning and then give him the pumped bottle later in the day to reduce feedings!
  • Options
    I got pregnant with #2 and #3 at 6.5 and 7.5 months so had already introduced solids (introduced them at 6 months with #1 and just before 6 months with #2), but was still BFing.  I never got a PP period (both times- so I haven't had a period since before conceiving #1!!) Baby #1 started STTN at 6 months but baby #2 didn't start STTN until 9 months. Good luck!

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

• Options

I got pg while ebfing and never having a period. I also was on the mini pill.... 

We started solids and she was bfing less than 6x a day so it jump started my system.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just one warning, getting pregnant again may dry you up completely. I got pregnant when  DS was 9 months old and I was completely dried up within 8 weeks and had to supplement formula for the last little bit. Some women do not dry up and can continue to breastfeed the whole time, some dry up right away, it is really a crapshoot on what happens. We want more children after this one and are going to wait until DD is 1 before trying for #3, just to make sure I can BF her for the full first year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was EBFing DD and AF came back at 6 mo PP. got KU at 9 mo PP without TTC. My supply tanked so at 10.5 mo we had to supplement. I was able to nurse just in the mornings until she was a year and had enough pumped milk to make it to a year with our nanny and we did formula at night and weekends. 

I read some stat that about 50% of women get AF back by 6 months.  

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Options
    I EBF'ed DD1 and didn't get a period until 11.5 months PP (way after we had introduced solids obviously).  I started charting right away and got pg again within 3 cycles. Everyone is different though. My SIL also EBF'ed and had her first pp AF after only 2 months...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"