Pre-School and Daycare

Why does her ear smell bad?

DD has a strange smell coming from her left ear. There is no discharge and she is not showing any other signs of an ear infection, it just smells bad! We clean her ears every night during bath or shower, and the other day I even cleaned gently with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol just to see if that would get rid of the smell. Despite these efforts it still stinks. The only thing I can think of and was wondering about is if it is sinus or allergy related. She's not been complaining about her ears at all, but she's been rubbing her eyes and saying they hurt daily. After a call to the doctor I started her on some childrens claritin.  I'll be calling her doctor again in the morning, but has anyone ever heard of the stinky ear thing or know what it could be? Thanks!

Re: Why does her ear smell bad?

• Ditto the pp. That's exactly what came to my mind first.
  • imagess+el:
    Ditto the pp. That's exactly what came to my mind first.

Same here.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekmhunt11:

imagess+el:
    Ditto the pp. That's exactly what came to my mind first.

Same here.   

Ditto!!!

• My DS has tubes in his ears and when he's fighting an ear infection it smells terrible.  Sometimes there is discharge and sometimes there isn't.  Sometimes we end up on antibiotics and sometimes he fights it off.  If it's draining, she can be coughing a lot because of the drip, it could also affect her eyes or sinuses.  Good luck.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"