April 2012 Moms

Return to work worries...

Hi all,
If you're not sure you're going to return to work after maternity leave, is it best to begin leave and make the decision once the little is here?

Currently I'm stating that I'm planning to return (which is true), but in the back of my mind I know there is a chance I won't.  I'm usually "too honest" and in this situation I'm not sure that's best. The 112 days left on my ticker are freaking me out...

Thoughts? Feedback?

Re: Return to work worries...

  • Options
    I feel the same way.  I love my job but really dislike the supervisor and one of my co-workers.  Also, with DS, I was still in college and was basically able to be a stay at home for the first year of his life through going to school at night when DH was home from work.  Possibly not having that with my daughter scares the crap out of me.  The good news for me is that because I am in a union, I can take 3 months at 2/3 pay and then take FMLA for 12 weeks for a total of 6 months off.  DH and I have been putting extra money away each week and will add our tax returns to those savings so we can pay our bills for those unpaid months.  BUT, I still dont know if I want to go back to work after that.  We shall see.  Its not an easy decision to make.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it never hurts to wait and see. I really enjoyed my time off with her in the beginning, but at the same time when my leave was up I was looking forward to going back to work, seeing everyone, and using my science brain again. But then I was only going back one or two days a week, I would not have been able to go back full time. It's definitely different for everyone!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would stick with your story - the last thing you want to do is be out of a job if something happens that you really need to go back, etc. In the back of your head plan for both scenerios, look at finances for both, etc. but I wouldn't announce anything to work until a couple weeks post and you're SURE. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards