School-Aged Children
Options

When did your kids get out of school for winter break?

I'm shocked to see some kids are just getting out of school now!  Our last day was last Friday (and I took my kids out 3 days early to go on vacation, which we're back from already). 

When do your kids go back to school?  Ours starts back up on 1/3. 

Do you feel like your kids get a lot of vacations?  I do!  We have another 4 day weekend in January, a week off in February and another week off in early April, in addition to 2 weeks off in December and 5 days off in November. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: When did your kids get out of school for winter break?

• Options
    kids started their break yesterday and are off through the 3rd. Yes, I find it really hard as family who has 2 parents WOTH to arrange for childcare for all of these breaks (our sound like yours minus the extra week this vacation.)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

image2brides:
    kids started their break yesterday and are off through the 3rd. Yes, I find it really hard as family who has 2 parents WOTH to arrange for childcare for all of these breaks (our sound like yours minus the extra week this vacation.)

I'm very fortunate that my ILs help out, but I still feel so torn when they're on breaks.  I hate that they are stuck at home and try to take off a day here or there or come home early to take them out to do something fun.  Like everything, it's a juggling act. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today was their last day of school before the 10 day break!  I do not feel like they have too much vacation, sometimes I wish they had a little more.  But they had 7 days off in early November for a freak snow storm & now do not have a February break.  That is going to be hard. I am sure I will feel differently when they are in school full days!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    DS last day is today.  School starts back up 1/3.
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • Options

imageccm1203:

This. 

• Options

imageccm1203:

This. 

• Options
    Our district let out 12/22 and kids come back 1/5
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My son's last day was 12/22 but he doesn't go back until 1/9, so just over 2 wks off.  From what the school told us, they try to stick as close as possible to the public school districts' major holiday schedule, otherwise he wouldn't of gotten this long of a break. 

Besides xmas, he barely gets any time off from school other than Spring Break and Summer.  He only got 3 days in Nov for Thanksgiving and once school starts back up in Jan, he gets MLK Jr off, President's day in Feb, then he won't have any days off until Spring break.  After that, it's straight thru til Summer.

I have noticed the neighborhood kids in public school seem to have a LOT of days off though.

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options
    Last day for us was the 9th, but we are year round, so the breaks during the year are longer while summer break is shorter.  This week is the last full week... I think he goes back next Wednesday (better check on that!)
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    DD got out Friday the 16th and goes back on January 2nd.  It was great - I had her with me and I could get more pre-holiday stuff done because I didn't have to worry about her school schedule.  And the time has been full - I would imagine if she went back later in January there would be more boredom to contend with... 
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    My kids (and I) went through Friday afternoon, the 23rd.  We go back on the 3rd of January.  When Christmas falls on a Sunday, we wind up with a really short break.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    DD's last day was the 16th and she goes back to school the 3rd. Our school year has been shortened to 175 days due to all the budget cuts in Cali. We don't get a week off in Feb but we got a week off for Thanksgiving, will get one for Easter, and most Monday holidays they also get the Friday before off.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    We were out on the 20th and back on the 5th...and her old school was out the 16th and back on the 3rd.
  • Options
    My kids got out Dec 23rd was last day- return Jan 9th
    lolololo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"