Parenting after 35
Options

What a difference 4 months makes

After 4 months of speech therapy and developmental intervention, my son is now becoming a little chatterbox and is even surprising me with more words and phrases than I thought he knew?plus he's singing songs.

Little Man now calls my parents Papa and Gran-ma! And he knows ALL his cousins names. I'm feeling pretty good.

So if you're ever worried about Early Intervention or anything, I'll just say that the system in NJ is excellent and I'm sure it's good in your area, too.  Aaron still has some other issues (gross motor delays, mild sensory problems) that we're working on, but I'm feeling generally positive. Just wanted to share.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: What a difference 4 months makes

• Options

GREAT NEWS!! What a beautiful way to start the holiday :)

Not to mom-jack your thunder, but I wanted to second what you said about the Early Intervention program in NJ. One of my very close friends used the Early Intervention program for her son and it did wonders for him. He had a stroke in utero & had so many obstacles to overcome. He received a lot of help with the therapist in Early Intervention and he's come a long way. He's an amazing little boy (he'll be 5 in March).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is wonderful news!  I'm so happy the program has had such a positive effect.  You must be hanging on to his every word now that he is chatting non-stop!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WTG Aaron!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"