Northern California Babies

Charting/Temp Question

So this month I've been uber good about charting and taking my temp every. single. day. I'm charting on FF thru the app on my phone and I'm loving it. Day 12 & 13 I had low temps, then Day 14 it went up and has stayed up above the coverline, except for yesterday when it went down just a couple tenths of a degree (from 97.9 to 97.5)....BUT then today it was up to 98.1. Any ideas? I'm totally new to this and just wondering if it means anything specific, or if I just had on off day when I got the 97.5 temp.

TIA! I really do always appreciate you ladies and your answers :) 

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Charting/Temp Question

• Can you post a link to your chart?  It sounds like you ovulated already, but I'm the kind of person that has to see it to be sure!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Do you take your temp at the same time every day?  At least for me, my temp will be a few tenths higher or lower if I wake up later/earlier on a given day.  
  • Loading the player...
  • How do I post my chart? I'd be more than happy to :)
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Hm...based on what I'm seeing, your O date could be Tuesday (12/20).  There are a lot of open circles, so that's probably why FF is giving you dotted crosshairs.  You'll probably get a clearer picture in the next few days, especially if your temps stay high like that.  GL!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • What's the reason for your open circles?  Did you think the temp needed adjustment, or did the software?
  • The software did it, I'm totally new to this after read TCOYF and being recommended by my OB to chart since I'm taking Clomid.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Did you maybe take your temp at a different time on the open circle days?  For some reason the software doesn't think those are accurate temps.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • YEP. That's totally it! Those were weekends where I woke up later than normal, or days when I went in to work later so I slept in a little bit. That totally makes sense!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageMrsAWZ:
    YEP. That's totally it! Those were weekends where I woke up later than normal, or days when I went in to work later so I slept in a little bit. That totally makes sense!
    Do you have a thermometer that will store your last temp?  That way you can set an alarm to take it at the same time every day, but literally all you have to do is stick it in your mouth, wait for the beep, and go back to sleep.  Record the temp later b/c it's stored in the thermometer.  It's really helpful for weekends and sleeping in while charting.  But since you can identify it as that, I wouldn't worry...I think that one dip is an anomaly and you probably O'd on your spike day.  GOOD LUCK!! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks Stef!! And yes, I do have a thermometer that records the temp so I will have to start doing that. I wake up at 6am normally, so those temps were around 7 and 8am :)
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"