Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you had your membranes stripped more than once

did it work the second time-around?

I had mine stripped on Monday. Just a few light contractiosn throughout the day. Had another dr visit today (my OB will be out of town for xmas and we scheduled an induction for next week and she wanted to check me one last time before she left)--I've made good progress in the past 3 days so we decided to strip my membranes again to see if it might stimulate labor before my induction next week. This time I've had more cramping and uncomfortableness than last time. Hoping it'll work :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If you had your membranes stripped more than once

• Options
    I had mine stripped three times and I ended up being induced at 41 weeks. This was just me though. Hopefully it will help things along for you! Good luck! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had mine stripped 4 times. Two times each week for two weeks. Every time I had them stripped it started contractions but it wasn't until the 4th time until my contractions were strong enough to go to the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKristily:
    I had mine stripped three times and I ended up being induced at 41 weeks.

This was my experience as well.  I was 4-5cm dilated the last 2 times she stripped my membranes and it still didn't start labor.

• Options

I'll be a positive story for you :)

I had mine stripped once and I had no bleeding at all with it, the next night I had some strong but irregular contractions for 4 hrs and they went away.

A week later I was posting something similar to this post on here and googling 2nd time stripping membranes and saw most ladies said if they bled during the stripping of the membranes it worked so when I saw my MW next I told her I what I googled (she knew I was a little nutty) and said I can take the pain, but make it worth the effort. My membranes were stripped at 3pm friday and at 5am saturday I had what I thought was a bloody show and at 6am my water broke. I figured it can't hurt to try....good luck!!

• Options

I had mine stripped twice.  The first time I had a few hard contractions, but they went away within an hour.  The second time, I don't think it gave me many at all.  I ended up in labor on my own 5 days after the 2nd time (remember, if it doesn't put you in labor within 24 hours, it wasn't successful).

But it's worth a shot - it can't hurt.  Best of luck.

• Options
    I had it done twice...neither time worked.  I went into labor 4 days after the second time, a couple days before my scheduled induction.  I sympathize with you!  I felt like I went into labor when I'd finally given in to the thought of induction.  Stay positive, it's soo worth the anticipation!
  • Options
    I had it done three times! Once at 39 weeks, 40 weeks and 40 weeks 5days, But I was having contractions 40 weeks 5days went to the hospital and they did a membrane sweep to try and bring on labor and sent me home until my contractions were closer together! Sure enough within a few hours my contractions were much stronger and 2-3 minutes apart. By the time I arrived back at the hospital I was already 5cm dialated and completely effaced! The doctor always told me that a membrane sweep only brings on labor if baby is ready. I had my daughter at 40 weeks 6days! My advice to you is go ahead and get membrane sweeps as many times as it's offered, theres no harm in trying, it eiether works or it doesn't and if it does it means baby was ready to come! Also.. from experience, you can do as many squats, walks, eating spicy foods, have sex to try and bring on labor but none of that worked for me, I relaxed and took it easy and thats when she decided to come! Don't push yourself, take it easy and relax. You're going to need it once your sweet little one arrives!
  • Options

yes! I had mine done the second time at 9am and had my baby at midnight.

The key is to try to get it done while having a contraction. That is what my doctor did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"