Indiana Babies
Options

Play dates

I'm a first time mom and also a SAHM. I was just wondering when people have play dates, and what the appropriate age is to start? Also if anyone knows of any groups that meet during the day. I no longer go to breast feeding meetings( long story milk dried up) so I am trying to find other things to do to get me out of the house! Any suggestions are welcome!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Play dates

• Options

I think that kids probably don't appreciate playdates until about a year of age, but that doesn't mean their parents can't enjoy getting together before then! I definitely hung out with some mom friends when our kids were infants just to get out of the house, and we still called them playdates :) 

I know a lot of the women who used to frequent this board went to MOPS meetings, although I never had. They seemed like a great group especially for SAHMs. Maybe google to find one that meets near you? Might want to check out story time at the library too. I'll keep thinking...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Play dates are totally for the moms!  I think I took DD to her first when she was around 4 months.  I was worried about taking DD and her getting yucky germs that young  ( 1st time mom and worrywart hereEmbarrassed ), and it was the moms who walked away with a stomach bug.  She still mostly watches the other kids, but seems to enjoy her time.  I think most of that is due to me being SAHM with no car, so we don't get out much.

ETA:  I do go to MOPs meetings twice a month, and they have free childcare.  I haven't used the childcare yet though, because those are days DH went to work late.  He has a new schedule now, so it will be nice to take advantage of it.

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"