Northern California Babies
Options

Gotta toot my own horn

Ok...so I know I have been hardly on this semester and I just wanted to say that I missed you all and that it was for good reason!  As we all know I took too many classes this semester....but...

I got:

A, CR, CR, A, B, A+, A

The B was in a class I truly hated, worst professor ever.  She is a sweet woman but just an awful teacher that had unrealistic expectations for her undergrad course (reading 4 books plus a 300 page (this is 8 by 10 paper front and back) reader for the class and write reports on questions that don't correlate or make sense, and have a test EVERY week....it was awful.  I had a hard time with that class and it took all my strength to just go to the class because it was painful to sit through.

The CR means credit, meaning I got full credit for the classes, they are applied activity requirements for my major and are graded on a cr/nc basis.

I feel really proud of myself and just stoked that I managed to keep it together considering I took 7 classes.

Next semester I am taking 5.....one is PE (bowling!)...so it will be a "gentle" semester.  So I hope I will see more of you all. ;) 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
Money Matters The other half's blog.
EJ is growing up too fast!
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Gotta toot my own horn

• Options
    Those are great grades! You worked really hard and I hope you are enjoying your break. It will be easy peasy next semester with only 5 classes after this one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats K!!  Great job and have fun next semester in bowling!!!
  • Options
    Awesome job!  Glad next semester will be a little nicer.
  • Options
    Great job! I'm a bit jealous of your bowling class - what fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congrats!  Makes all those rough days worth it huh.  I hope that you and your entire family enjoy the "lighter" semester next time.

How is your hip doing?  Last time you posted you were facing surgery and your back was all wonky from wearing the boot ( I think).

• Options
    You rock! That would have been no easy feat without a child, so extra pats on your back, hardworking mama! I'm so glad we both survived that harrowing semester.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejsugrin:

Congrats!  Makes all those rough days worth it huh.  I hope that you and your entire family enjoy the "lighter" semester next time.

How is your hip doing?  Last time you posted you were facing surgery and your back was all wonky from wearing the boot ( I think).

I am still in the boot, I have been for 10 weeks now and have another 2.5 weeks to go before I am re-re-re-reevaluated.  Ugh.  They are threatening surgery on my foot even more now.  It doesn't help that I did indeed also snap 2 of the bones in the foot on top of the tendon problem.

As for the back and hip...well my hip is hit or miss...or really...it always hurts, it just varies in the amount.  As for my back, it is in a perpetual state of tight with bad days and worse days.  They have determined that my back will never get better, only worse, though I am in pain management and PT for it.  I have to start getting injections a couple times a year to help with the pain on top of everything.  Joy.

I try not to think about my body, because sadly when I speak with my doctor we talk in terms of "when" and not "if" for when my back will go out, get worse, etc.  I am not going to have another hip surgery, the outcome of another hip surgery doesn't promise any relief and could do absolutely nothing in terms of range/ability and pain management.  So it is not worth going through another surgery and recovery.  The downsides of the surgery potentially outnumber the ups.  We are discussing doing an exploratory surgery just to take a real look at what is going on, but even that seems really "eh" to me.

Again, I have gotten to the point where I try to just pretend my body is what it was and ignore the challenges.  Most days I accept where I am and how it feels and my limitations, then I have crummy days where I just want to lay on my closet floor and cry.  But that only happens once or twice a month when I have a really truly rotten day (worse than the worst days kind of thing). 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow - good job!  You should be proud!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Woot! And double woot for seeing more of you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You rock! How are you going to celebrate?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagePKW:
    imagejsugrin:

I am still in the boot, I have been for 10 weeks now and have another 2.5 weeks to go before I am re-re-re-reevaluated.  Ugh.  They are threatening surgery on my foot even more now.  It doesn't help that I did indeed also snap 2 of the bones in the foot on top of the tendon problem.

As for the back and hip...well my hip is hit or miss...or really...it always hurts, it just varies in the amount.  As for my back, it is in a perpetual state of tight with bad days and worse days.  They have determined that my back will never get better, only worse, though I am in pain management and PT for it.  I have to start getting injections a couple times a year to help with the pain on top of everything.  Joy.

I try not to think about my body, because sadly when I speak with my doctor we talk in terms of "when" and not "if" for when my back will go out, get worse, etc.  I am not going to have another hip surgery, the outcome of another hip surgery doesn't promise any relief and could do absolutely nothing in terms of range/ability and pain management.  So it is not worth going through another surgery and recovery.  The downsides of the surgery potentially outnumber the ups.  We are discussing doing an exploratory surgery just to take a real look at what is going on, but even that seems really "eh" to me.

Again, I have gotten to the point where I try to just pretend my body is what it was and ignore the challenges.  Most days I accept where I am and how it feels and my limitations, then I have crummy days where I just want to lay on my closet floor and cry.  But that only happens once or twice a month when I have a really truly rotten day (worse than the worst days kind of thing). 

Uggg, I'm so sorry that your still stuck in that boot.  I don't think I shared this before but if so ignore meStick out tongue, while it sounds a little crazy I often would wear two boots to help even my body out when I was put into one.  The 1 time I didn't do it I ended up throwing out my back and rupturing the 2nd from the bottom since it threw my hips so far out of alignment.  I'm sure the thought of 2 boots is enough to make you want to bang your head against the wall but for long walks ect I really like it better.

I so hear ya on the body stuff.  I take insane amounts of pain killers, including something called Avinsa which is a time release morphine, it really helped get me on a more even footing.  The attitude that has helped keep me sane is to have the approach that cancer of course is a massive part of my life and along with that pain, but my goal is to live it with the smallest impact possible.  It is hard though, especially when we look at those little men running around like crazy and want to keep up with them.  I really hope they find something for you to get you to a good, stable spot.

• Options
    Great job, K! Hope you enjoy your winter break and the next semester. You certainly deserve it!
    Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Options
    Yay, great job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Options
    Congrats, that's impressive!! I took bowling for PE credit too. It was definitely a fun way to get my ... ahem... "workout" in Big Smile
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"