D.C. Area Babies
Options

New (Surprise) Intro

Hey everyone - I've been a long time lurker on both the DC Nest & Bump boards for awhile since getting married back in 2008 and using a different screen name - DCGirl924.  The husband and I found out that I was pregnant shortly before Thanksgiving and I'm just about 12 weeks now.  The pregnancy was a total shock as we weren't trying at ALL so I'm starting to get over the initial surprise and get organized for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.  

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and since most of my pregnancy knowledge comes from movies like Knocked Up, so I'm sure I'll be posting very basic/obvious questions here a lot.

Also, if anyone in the Shirlington/Parkfairfax/Fairlington area would be interested in a nanny share this fall drop me a line at mrsgindc at gmail. Childcare in the DC area definitely seems to be the most stressful part of this process and as the daycare at my work currently has 227 families on it I'm trying to explore all my options. 

Thanks ladies - looking forward to chatting with you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New (Surprise) Intro

• Options
    Also if anyone has ANY ideas on how to get my stupid signature to finally change I would appreciate it. It should be the standard baby ticker and I deleted the old one months ago and it still shows up even though the HTML code for the ticker is on my profile. Stupid Nest/Bump. Grr.
  • Options

Congratulations!!  Our first was a bit of a surprise as well.  You have plenty of time to get everything together. 

Just an FYI on nanny shares, DC Urban Moms seems to be a lot more active in actively pairing folks.  As to the stress of finding a place - if you are looknig at a center, those seem to be the most stress inducing, if you are considering in homes, there are an abundance of options and you have a lot of time to decide since most don't know about openings till a month or two in advance.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!! BTW, we might have the same due date. I just turned 12 weeks on Wed.
    Together Together, 9-23-06. Little Girl is Here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

congrats and welcome!

• Options
    I'm July 7th.  Nervous about a July 4th birthday because I think that might be a tough birthday but what can you do - I guess the baby comes when he/she is ready.  Or at least that's what I hear...ha. 
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!  I recognize your old SN from the DC Knot days (I got married in 2008 too).
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome! Congrats!!

I'm in that area, but not looking for a nanny share. We're with an in-home DCP that we love. She only has two other babies the same age as DS so it's similar to a nanny share. We'll probably be moving him to pre-school when he's two.

If you're in fairlington, they have a great MOMS group that is for SAHMs and WMs. There are postings for nanny shares on their listserve.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • Options
    Ooo, I wonder If I could sneak in if I'm technically not in the neighborhood.  Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"