Pre-School and Daycare

Opinions on bedding needed ....

DS turned 2 on 11/25. I am trying to settle on a theme for his room because he is graduating to a big boy bed this weekend (full size bed). Although he is a big Sesame Street fan, I ordered the Thomas The Tank Engine set because it was on sale at the time ( 2 days ago). I just got a price adjustment on Sesame Street for the same price( just went on sale today). Anyway, both are now the same price. Right now he is a bigger fan of Sesame Street than Thomas.  

Which set do you like better:(I think the Sesame is a little too busy)

https://www1.macys.com/shop/product/hit-entertainment-bedding-thomas-the-tank-engine-reversible-comforter-sets?ID=491894&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

https://www1.macys.com/shop/product/sesame-street-comforter-set?ID=609973&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

which one?

Re: Opinions on bedding needed ....

• Both are cute but how long are you planning on using this bedding? It seems like my kids cycle through characters very quickly and outgrow them very quickly, so we avoided character bedding since I don't plan to buy new bedding every 6 months or year. If they really begged I might get one set of sheets, but everything else is cute and little girl but more neutral and will grow up with them a bit so I don't find myself having to completely redecorate every few years.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also opted to go with neutral and have it last more than 2-3 years.  DS is 4.5 and way past Sesame Street and not even that interested so much in Thomas.  And he really liked both.  Now he's very into Batman and superheros. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I also do not lke character bedding for this reason. We got our sons bedding at target and it had trucks and cars on it. My oldest, almost 6 still loves it! He has been in his big boy bed since he was 2 as well. He is moving to his own room so we picked him out sports bedding for christmas that we plan to keep for the next several years. My youngest will ove in with my middle son and use the truck & car bedding!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • imagersd12:
    I also do not lke character bedding for this reason. We got our sons bedding at target and it had trucks and cars on it. My oldest, almost 6 still loves it! He has been in his big boy bed since he was 2 as well. He is moving to his own room so we picked him out sports bedding for christmas that we plan to keep for the next several years. My youngest will ove in with my middle son and use the truck & car bedding!

Don't mean to step on your toes but I have found that Target bedding does not last after a few washes and shrinks ...  Also I am looking at getting a full size comforter set with two pillow shams and two sets of full size sheets for $140.00 ... even if he outgrows it I did not pay too much. MY original question was which pattern was more aesthetically pleasing, not should I go with a neutral set.

• imageB&C03:

imagersd12:
    I also do not lke character bedding for this reason. We got our sons bedding at target and it had trucks and cars on it. My oldest, almost 6 still loves it! He has been in his big boy bed since he was 2 as well. He is moving to his own room so we picked him out sports bedding for christmas that we plan to keep for the next several years. My youngest will ove in with my middle son and use the truck & car bedding!

Don't mean to step on your toes but I have found that Target bedding does not last after a few washes and shrinks ...  Also I am looking at getting a full size comforter set with two pillow shams and two sets of full size sheets for $140.00 ... even if he outgrows it I did not pay too much. MY original question was which pattern was more aesthetically pleasing, not should I go with a neutral set.

I would not buy either. From my experience with MY KIDS, they outgrew sesame street by age 3, and thomas by age 4. Hence, the reason with MY REASONING for neutral bedding, plus I am not planning on buying them bedding every 2-3 years when their character favorites change.  They would be onto spiderman and batman right now.

If you don't care about buying new bedding every couple of years, then you can't go wrong with either.. I think the Thomas would have a longer shelf life.

BTW - our target kids bedding has held up incredibly well and I will be passing it along to our youngest and it still looks brand new (after multiple washes)!  I guess it depends what you get from there. My oldest son's new bedding cost the same amount for a full ; ) 

• I was not brought up to be  a theme person either, I know how it can get but for the price of a full target comforter set and then having to buy sheets - the prices are the same as what I am looking for except I'm more confident the Macy's one will stand up better. I would not pay full price for either of these sets. 
  • imageB&C03:
    I was not brought up to be  a theme person either, I know how it can get but for the price of a full target comforter set and then having to buy sheets - the prices are the same as what I am looking for except I'm more confident the Macy's one will stand up better. I would not pay full price for either of these sets. 
    Ours were purchased as christmas gifts too, 4 years ago ; ) so that helped, I figured if it did not hold up not an issue. I was pleasantly surprised it has outlasted our crate & barrel bedding (that I was truly dissapointed about). Which I would never purchase again. I saw that you got the same feedback from others too. I am just happy I never did a theme in their rooms. They really do go through so many phases... I can't keep up!
  • imagepenguingrrl:
    Both are cute but how long are you planning on using this bedding? It seems like my kids cycle through characters very quickly and outgrow them very quickly, so we avoided character bedding since I don't plan to buy new bedding every 6 months or year. If they really begged I might get one set of sheets, but everything else is cute and little girl but more neutral and will grow up with them a bit so I don't find myself having to completely redecorate every few years.

I agree, go with something that will last you more than 6+ mths.  A color scheme or more basic theme that you can add too. Example if your DS likes Thomas then do a basic train theme such as tracks, signs, pictures and then add in some Thomas things I wouldn't spend $150 on bedding, but that is just me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshellybird101:

imagepenguingrrl:
    Both are cute but how long are you planning on using this bedding? It seems like my kids cycle through characters very quickly and outgrow them very quickly, so we avoided character bedding since I don't plan to buy new bedding every 6 months or year. If they really begged I might get one set of sheets, but everything else is cute and little girl but more neutral and will grow up with them a bit so I don't find myself having to completely redecorate every few years.

I agree, go with something that will last you more than 6+ mths.  A color scheme or more basic theme that you can add too. Example if your DS likes Thomas then do a basic train theme such as tracks, signs, pictures and then add in some Thomas things I wouldn't spend $150 on bedding, but that is just me.

The total price of $140 is based on a full size mattress, NOT toddler which a lot of people get and spend like $50.00 for the set. They then only end up using the toddler bed for 6 months - a waste. I am talking 2 full size sheet sets, a full size comforter with matching pillow shams. Target wants almost the same price for the same size items and you are getting better quality at Macy's. I have used Target fitted sheets for my DS infant mattress - shrunk big time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"