Childless not by choice

I feel so sad

Hi everyone! I am new. I am unable to have a child due to having a hystorectomy at 24. There is no money for adoption, plus with other medical conditions it is just not going to happen. My borther and his gf had a baby in March. I really took it hard. My mom is over the moon about being a grandmother. We were at my parents house tonight to celebrate Christmas. They have my niece for the week and will be going to Virginia to return her to my brother and his gf on Christmas.

I am just so sad. I thought I had dealt with all these feelings when I had my surgery. I just want to sit and cry. Sorry for the rambling. I just really need to get it out and thought you ladies would understand the most.

image Hannah and Alfie

Re: I feel so sad

• I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  But, if you want to sit and cry, then sit and cry!  There's nothing wrong about being emotional over such a loss.  If you notice that after awhile you can't get past the sadness then I would recommend counseling or talking to a friend/family member. 
  • So sorry you are feeling down. I don't think thoughts of not having a child will ever go away. Some days yes...some days no. It's like a roller coaster. Sending some hugs your way :) I also agree maybe a therapist could help sort your feelings out. Take care

If DH doesn't agree on DE IVF then I will shortly be moving on over here myself :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. ((Hugs)) This board isn't very active, but we are here if you need us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry.  If you need to cry then do so,  There is nothing wrong with that.  This time of year is so hard for many people for many reasons. Don't worry what others think.  If others have a problem with that then it's their problem.  You need to deal with your emotions in what ever way you need to.  Sending a big hug and support to you.  Try to have a Merry Christmas.
  • Thank you everyone for your support. I do go to a therapist regularly and will be discussing it again.

Merry Christmas!

image Hannah and Alfie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"