Special Needs

Ho! Ho! Ho!....Wednesday Brag Post

Post your brags here!

Happy Holidays everyone!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Ho! Ho! Ho!....Wednesday Brag Post

• DS2 had a really great day of mimicing 2 word phrases that consisted of 2-4 syllables. Yay!
  • We had a preschool holiday party at our house on Monday. DD1 did great, had fun, and participated in the craft (bead & pipe cleaner candy canes) with none of her usual frustration with fine motor tasks. 

She has started saying "mamamamamamamamaMAMA!" to get my attention, especially when I'm talking to someone else or on the phone. It's so blessedly *typical*, even though I'm sure most kids have been doing it for awhile. 

She has a tough time getting a certain type of flip-top straw sippy open, and I've been trying to show her how, but she gives up b/c she gets too frustrated. Tonight, finally, she seemed to figure it out using the same method I use, and then said, "I did it just like you!" It made me inordinately proud for something so little. :)

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • AJ is pointing, using 2 signs or words together, he sat and did finger painting with his sister today. He's really into music and loves to try to sing, finish words and sign to songs.

G played next to other kids at a party this weekend. He ran all around right with them. Today he put his hand in the cats water dish, looked at me and laughed!! : ) Love that eye contact - even if it's during something naughty! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Zach and I went to the part this weekend, and his favorite swing (a large, red, plastic SN swing) had been taken down because it was broken.  I looked at me and signed and said, "I want swing red."  I was so heartbroken that I couldnot give it to him, because that is the most words he has ever strung together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amelie's receptive language is really taking off. She knows her name and the word no. She waves when people just say hi and she can blow kisses when I ask her to without modelling first. She can pick out a book and her baby when asked. She's also making new sounds- she can do a, m, b, h, r, g, and k.
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"