Two Under 2

2u1?

I can't believe this. I mean I know where babies come from I just didn't think it would happen so soon. It took us over a year to conceive DS so why would I get pregnant the first time having sex after he was born???

My husband's attitude so far has been it is what it is. We even laugh about it sometimes. It gives  awhole new meaning to 'fertile Myrtle'. I'm kind of nervous about how our families would react. I think moreso I think the pressure for the baby to be a girl will get to me and piss me off. We have had 12 boys born in our extended family over the past 5 years- 3 of which were born this summer including mine. I didn't find out the sex of DS until he was born and everyone thought he would be a girl.

I'm even more so nervous about how my boss will react. I'm not back from maternity leave until January and I already have to plan another!

Quite honestly I wanted to wait a little longer before we started trying for another. I wanted to out some more money into savings, spoil DS, and maybe get on track to buying a house. I also feel bad that DS wasn't an only child for very long. I'm sure he won't remember and I've learned from lurking that most of your children are besties so I guess it won't be so bad.

I had betas drawn today and find out the result tomorrow. I wouldn't find out the due date until next month but I'm pretty sure they will be 11 months apart... am I the only one who would have 2u1?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2u1?

• You are not alone!!! It will be okay. I know exactly how you feel. Our feeling bottom line is that all babies are blessings, but ... OUR CUP RUNNETH OVER.

We found out we were pregnant with DS1 9 months before our big wedding... obviously the jig was up and we got married that weekend. Then when DS1 was just 3 months old we found out were expecting DS2. We were convinced that we were through! DH asked me if he could get snipped, i asked him to hold off. I was using the Nuva Ring + we used condems and then decided to remove it after 3 weeks because I was having major yeast infections from it and then my period didn't come... I'm 8 months along with DD. DH got snipped after my 8 week appt. 

Our sons are 11 months and 3 weeks apart, our youngest son and DD will be almost 14 months apart. Today I literally had a break down just thinking about three babies under 3.... I love my children more than anything in the world, God has truly blessed me with an incredible husband, family, and life, but I'd be lying to you if I didn't say I was completely overwhelmed.

What it like? All hands on deck at all times, a lot of diapers, a lot of laundry, a lot of wiping, scrubbing, and sweeping, a lot of hugs and kisses, never a dull moment, and each night I feel like we've literally run a marathon from 5 am until about 10 pm. On the flip side though, I can't imagine doing this every 2-4 years! Hang in there; it will be amazing. You can do it! 

• My 2 are 13.5 months apart, so not quite 2u1. It's hard but very rewarding! Just remember, you have 9 months to prepare... Mentally and emotionally. It will be hard, but you will get through it! Congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had 2u1, my daughter's are 11 months apart. My family took the news pretty hard, dh's family was thrilled. I had every emotion possible. But, now that both my girls are here, I can't imagine life without them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't know how it is just yet but we found out yesterday. It took us 5 yrs and IVF/ICSI for our 2nd daughter. After being diagnosed with severe MFI, PCOS, and egg factor "medically speaking" IVF was the only option from here on out. Well --- this took me by surprise by a long shot! They will be a year apart so right around where you will be too.

Good luck!!!

• My 2 are 15 months apart, so not 2u1, but my mom had 2u1 - my sister and I are 11.5 months apart, and born in the same calendar year.  We all survived and had a great time!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my boys are 11 months and 1 day apart! its amazing i have to say there is no jealousy because he was young enough that he didnt know what jealously was haha. Their Birthdays are Jan. 22nd, 2010 and Dec.23rd 2010 so DS#1 got a brother for christmas :) they are like best friends and entertain each other really well. they wear the same size clothes and diapers now which makes it easies to share everything. DS#1 was really premature so they will be going into the same year of school also
    BabyName Ticker
  • We've got 2u1 on the way over here too.  DS was born on 8/21 and baby#2 is due to arrive around July 11th.  I just told my boss the other day and she was pretty surprised, especially when I told her that I knew I was pregnant before I even returned from my mat leave!  

Congrats and like pp said, you have time to prepare. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker>
  • My sister managed 3u1 for a bit - she had twins, and then 11.5 months later another baby.  It was very hard going at first, but now that they're older it's great to watch them play together (her twin girls are 4 and her son is 3).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are 363 days apart. I survived the first year and it got easier in a lot of ways (challenging in other ways) but they love each other so much and to hear them make each other laugh is priceless. I love the way it worked out. It is hard though. Very very hard. But you can do it. I took it one day at a time and prayed a lot. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine are 1 year and 2 weeks apart. It is hard but completely do able!!!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not in the 2U1 club but just wanted to say that you ladies are amazing! I have one DD (23 months) and I am overwhelmed most days. Hats off to you girls! You are my idols! Kudos to all you that have 2U1!
  • My two boys are 12 1/2 months apart so I have felt your pain.  I also felt bad about telling my boss, but when I set up the meeting to tell her (at 4 months along), she was so relieved to find out I was just pregnant and not quitting.

So hopefully things will go the same for you :-)

• My girls are 10.5 months apart and like everyone else said, it was super difficult to imagine it all. However, now that they're older, they're already doing everything they can together! My oldest crawls with my youngest, they talk and laugh all the time together!! It may seem so difficult now, and when you get bigger as your pregnancy goes on, it'll get rougher but once you are able to hug them both, your life will change for the better!!! It's so amazing to watch them do all sorts of things together and already be so close. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"