Minnesota Babies
Options

Naps...

When do you do away with naps?

My 2 year old has been fighting his bedtime since Thanksgiving now, used to go down super easy now cries or throws a fit for an hour.  He is still taking his nap well, he goes down at 1 and usually sleeps for 1.5 hours to 2 hours. 

Any advice would be amazing!

Thanks ladies, I'm glad I came across this board : )

Re: Naps...

• Options

Not sure.  DD will still take a nice nap most days, but there are some days she fights it or just flat out won't nap.

In my opinion, she still needs it when she can get it so we always try.

• Options

What time does he go down for a nap vs what time is bedtime? If they are too close together, he'll have trouble going down at night.

We didn't eliminate naps for my oldest until she was 3. If she napped 1.5 hrs, she didn't go down for bed until b/t 9:30-10pm. Too late for me! We got rid of the nap and she was ready for bed at 8 again. Good luck!

Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He goes down for a nap at 1 and then bed at 8.  I'm guessing they are too close together now.  I've been trying to get him down at noon but that doesn't seem to be working that well either. 

We're about to be traveling for the holidays so the sleep schedule will be all off too.  Maybe we'll have to rethink routine when we get back.

• Options
    Ours takes a nap at 9 sleeps til around 11 then we try to get 1 more nap in if we can or he gets cranky at around 5/6.
  • Options
    If you'd like to try an earlier nap time, try moving his regular nap forward by about 10-15 min at a time. So if he usually goes down around 1, try 12:50 until he goes down without a fight then move it to 12:40, and so on until you reach your preferred time. Sleep is so tricky with the little ones!
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"