3rd Trimester
Options

Rhogam Injection- Butt or Arm?

So apparently I'll have a choice if I want my Rhogam injection in my butt or in my arm tomorrow morning. I've heard it's a painful shot. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Rhogam Injection- Butt or Arm?

• Options
    I got mine in my butt. I am pretty used to shots there, because I was on Depo for 12 years. I would get it there, and put your weight on the opposite leg when you're getting it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Go for your butt. It hurts while they do (mostly because it's thick and I think they keep it refrigerated) it but it doesn't linger.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never had a choice and I've had it 3x now and always in the upper hip/butt area. It burns, but its over quickly. 
    Follow me at: Nell's Niche as I tackle working-at-home, raising babies, making my life a little more eco-friendly, organized, and healthy one sleep deprived day at a time! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've gotten it twice this pregnancy, both times in my upper arm. The nurse didn't give me a choice, but I don't remember it being that painful.
  • Options
    I had my shot in the upper arm. I didn't have a choice. It didn't hurt that bad...I think a tetanus shot hurts more! It's really not bad at all.
  • Options

imagemariahd43:
    So apparently I'll have a choice if I want my Rhogam injection in my butt or in my arm tomorrow morning. I've heard it's a painful shot. Any suggestions?

I got mine in my arm and it wasn't too bad. Just felt like a small bruise. I had one in my butt too and they both felt about the same.  It really isn't a big deal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKristi_M1123:
    I've gotten it twice this pregnancy, both times in my upper arm. The nurse didn't give me a choice, but I don't remember it being that painful.

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I got it in the arm and it wasn't that bad. Good luck!
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had it in both and I thought the arm hurt less. I also had it in the upper thigh after I delivered DS #1 and that one hurt like hell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have had 2 already and had one in each. For me the arm was far less painful.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had two with my last pregnancy and one so far this time all in my arm.  They asked where I wanted it and when I said my arm the one nurse was like "really that is a big needle."  It's really not that big and it doesn't hurt at all.  I'd say go where where every you are comfortable :) Good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've had one in each and neither hurt at all, but I actually preferred the butt- maybe because it's got a little extra padding? 

• Options
    I had mine on my butt. It hurt for a while and bruised for about a week. It's up to you and whats comfortable for you. Wish I had the choice. Good Luck
  • Options

My pain tolerance for shots is pretty much a 0 on a 10 scale, and I got my Rhogam injection in my hip and it honestly did NOT hurt...they even sent in the nervous, young nurse to stick me and I was instantly sweating--only to find out I should have just relaxed. It felt more like pressure/displacement than anything, and after like 4 minutes it didn't even feel 'bruise-like' when I rubbed the area where the shot was injected.

• Options

I got my shot in the butt.  I know it can be butt or arm and I got really nervous and asked the nurse, "You do it in the butt, right?"

Yeah.  Awkward.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    I had mine in my butt. It wasn't bad at all...
    TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • Options
    I got mine in the butt. I hate shots, but it wasn't terrible. I feel like there's more cushion down there to ease the pain Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had mine in the butt and, honestly, it didn't hurt at all -- and I'm getting over a phobia of needles. It didn't even bruise -- though it did bleed a little.
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I chose butt, it was painless. That night the injection sight was sore but was fine the next day.
    Bebe Mama imageMyspace Graphics
    Myspace Graphics, Birthstones Graphics at WishAFriend.com baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"