Cincinnati Babies

What are you doing for the holidays?

Just breathing a bit of life into this board.  What are your holiday plans this year?

We are hosting family here.  Dinner on Christmas Eve here, full brunch on Christmas day, then leftovers from Christmas Eve on Christmas night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: What are you doing for the holidays?

• I would love to be ablt to host one day when we have enough room for all! This year we are going to my parents on Christmas Eve (all day) and then coming back home that evening. Christmas morning/afternoon will be the three of us here at our house.  I am so looking forward to this part! Christmas Day evening we will go to SIL's and celebrate with DH's family.
  • DH is working seconds so we are having lunch at home Christmas morning for just us because it will be super early.  We already had Christmas with our in-law's this past Sunday.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Loading the player...
  • We won't be seeing my family at all this year since it's our year to stay in Ohio. 

Christmas Eve we'll go to the Children's Mass in the afternoon then head to SIL's for an easy dinner.  My IL's are planning to get all the kids in their jams and read Christmas stories.  Christmas morning will be spent at home, just the 4 of us.  Around noon we'll head to my IL's with DH's immediate family.  Dinner is at his cousin's house with the whole extended family.

I'm excited for Christmas morning because Allie actually gets it this year.  It's going to be great!

imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Brand new baby = staying home!

We're hosting DH's family x-mas eve, food from city bbq.  Christmas Day we're hosting my family, food courtesy of mom!

Looking forward to celebrating with baby!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With this weather, I feel like I should be hosting some kind of outdoor festivities!

Our first LO is expected to make his appearance in January, but I am not sure we will make it that long the way things are going. If we are not at the hospital, we will be celebrating with my immediate family on Friday (mmmmm...pizza!), then heading to DH's family on Christmas Eve for dinner and to spend the night so that we can be there with his sister and her family to see their 4 LOs in all their Christmas morning excitement. Then, it's back to my parents' for a big family party.

Wow, I just realized that I have been so worried about packing the hospital bag and getting ready for our arrival that I haven't even thought about packing for our Christmas wanderings!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We will be going to my parents on Christmas eve afternoon.  Then heading home getting some rest and lil man to bed at normal time (I hope anyways!)  Then wake up in the am do our presents from santa.  We will then head to SO parents for Bfast rest a lil and then head to his families "big christmas" get together.  Man makes me tired thinking about it.  I am off work monday and plan to spend the day in my pjs with my two fav men and furbabies. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • DH and I both have to work Christmas Eve, he works all day (until 7am Christmas morning) but I just work until 4.  So I'll be picking the boys up from my parents and then we'll probably just pick up dinner.  Noah and I will come home to bake cookies for Santa.  Christmas morning will just be the 4 of us, then around noon we go to DH's family for some lunch, then we head to my parents around 3 and stay there for the rest of the evening. 
  • This is our first year not going to my family for Christmas (4 hrs away) and staying home.  I am excited about Christmas moring at home with our little 2 year old:)  He is having a great time with the holidays this year:)

We open our presents on Christmas Eve at our house at 6pm...an old German tradition.  Presents from my side of the family are already under our tree for this.  Then Santa comes at night and leaves piles around the room with everyones stockings laying by them so we know whos is whos.  Of course this year it will just be Cedrics pile....plus a few presents stuck in mommy and daddys:)  Cedric can did into those presents whenever he wakes up.  I think Sants may of went a little overboard this year...whoops! 

Once we are done with presents and cleaned up we are heading to my in-laws for Christmas with MIL, FIL, SIL, and her husband.  We are having brunch or lunch over at their place.  Then heading to MILs parents for dinner and more presents with them.  Should make for a nice long day....but Cedric will love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have 6 Christmas g2gs between Dec 17 and NYE. Christmas morning and brunch at home though.  We are very lucky to have a ton of family in town so we see extended family over the holidays as well as our immediate families.

We are getting a niece for Christmas (was due Sunday) so that has changed around some of our usual plans as BIL/SIL live out of state.

• Ahh a whorlwind trip out of town to visit family and bake. So we baked for two days straight....Had Christmas dinner and then back home....Back in a flash. I am so tired but doing this for the family and kids is great... I love it! I feel like Santa ran me over... Hope all of you had an amazing holiday with your family and friends....
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"