May 2011 Moms

Lisa

This was a random thought I had driving home tonight..

Do I remember reading that you said your son doesn't like cows milk and prefers almond or coconut milk?

Has he always not liked it? Did you start with the other milk at 1 year or when?

Is the fat content about the same?

I know nothing about other kinds of milk but I was thinking about how I hate milk and wouldn't mind trying one of the others out.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Lisa

• Yes, my son has completely refused milk.  At first, we thought he just didn't like the sippy, but even in a bottle, he would totally refuse it.  I also don't care for it much, so I guess I'm not terribly surprised. 

I was really concerned at first, but after some research (and discussion with my pedi) I realized that it's not necessary for kids to have milk. They can get their calcium and fat from other sources, like cheese and yogurt.  Or like you said, Almond/Coco milk.  I never really gave him that, though. We drink it now as a part of our regular diet, but it wasn't something I gave him in his sippy cup.  He just drank water for most of his early years, then we intro'd diluted apple juice and that's what he gets now (gasp! Juice! ;)  He gets 2 or 3 servings a day of either cheese/yogurt. He's a perfectly healthy little 3 year old.  And proof that cow's milk isn't always necessary in young children.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cool.  The thought of Vit D milk makes me wanna vom.  Who knows, she may like milk but I know I do not.  I randomly only really ate it in cereal when pregnant and I am back to not liking cereal too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally butting in, but SIL was so worried when my niece refused milk for months after she turned a year old.  My niece is now three and has never drunk cow's milk, but she LOVES almond milk!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"