Preemies
Options

RSV websites/info?

Does any one have any good websites or info about RSV?

I am having a hard time explaining to family members and even DH how serious this can be.  I know it is hard not getting together with family over the holidays, but my childrens health is more important then a few get togethers! 

I am sick of explaining it over and over again.  No, we can't travel 3 hours and spend the weekend with 6 children and 20 adults, No it would not be better if you all came to our house!!!  No you can't just bring the children!! 

Sorry I guess this turned into a little vent! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSV websites/info?

• Options

This is a pretty good one for an overview: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001564.htm

Have you thought about having your pedi write down their recs in a letter? GL!

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options

https://www.cdc.gov/surveillance/nrevss/rsv/default.html

Be very careful around family and explain before hand about being around people that have been or are currently sick.  I have and will continue to travel with my twins, but we get the RSV shot. That said, last week we traveled to see my in-laws and, after getting there and my 14yr old sister-in-law handling the babies, she coughed and my DH looked at her and his mom and asked if she was sick, his mom then said, sheepishly, that both his young sisters had been sick that past week. I got pissed on the inside, and outwardly sternly told her she wasn't allowed to hold or touch the babies. I then took Lysol wipes and wiped down their house. Then my DH had a talking with his mom later. When other family came around we just constantly had them sanitize and wash their hands before holding the twins and anyone who was sick wasn't allowed to touch. We just had to be diligent and firm and watch them and if it became too much, we could always put them down for naps in their cribs and keep people away. 

People always say "be selfish" with your babies and don't let family hold them. That's always easier said then done, so you just have to educate family on how to keep their germs away 

4thofJuly2012-cpd
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    after 10 weeks of bedrest for contractions and shorting cvx they arrived at 32 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"