New to The Bump

TTC for 10 months - advice?

Hi All,

I've been a member on here for quite some time but all I ever do is read, read, read. My hubby and I have been TTC for 10 months and I'm getting really nervous if there is something wrong.

I had abnormal cells frozen in 2005 and was told then that I'd still be able to have babies. Again, when I went to the dr the last time for a reg pap and to discuss that we're ready to start a family, I asked if after having the procedure would I still be able to have babies. The answer again was yes.

We try to keep fun and spice in the bedroom so it doesn't seem like a 'job' trying. I'm told to relax, don't stress out, just let it happen. But its so hard to think that you've done the deed at the right time and only to find disappointment. How do you cope? How do you be patient when you're ready?

I've gone to probably 5 different sites to check my ovulation and best days to try. I've tried counting my days. I've become really in tune with my  body and I THINK I know when I ovulate by the mucus/when I wipe. I've tried not to let it get to me but one month was AWFUL. I bawled an entire morning when I noticed we weren't pregnant. I think a lot of it is in my head too. I've read so many articles that I think my back hurts - when it may not, I think my breasts are sore - when they may not be, I think I'm exhausted - when I'm just tired from lack of sleep the night before.

How do you just put it at the back of your mind and say it'll happen when it happens?Am I trying TOO hard?  Please, if anyone has any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated. I love to read what others go/have gone through. Please share! :)
Thanks, GMT

Re: TTC for 10 months - advice?

• Hi. A few things:

1. Have you tried charting your temperatures? The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility or membership on fertilityfriend.com can help you pinpoint your ovulation. As can ovulation prediction kits.

2. It can take an average healthy couple up to a year to conceive, and each cycle you have, at best, about a 20% chance of getting pregnant. This is why drs usually don't want to do workups until you've been TTC a year. You may hit Month 13 and that's The One.

3. other than that, do what you need to do. Take a yoga class. Do all those things you want to do before you have kids. Take that vacation. Have that bottle of wine. Eat that sushi. And if you hit 1 yr, get some testing done and see what's going on.

GL

• imageDr.Loretta:

Hi. A few things:

1. Have you tried charting your temperatures? The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility or membership on fertilityfriend.com can help you pinpoint your ovulation. As can ovulation prediction kits.

2. It can take an average healthy couple up to a year to conceive, and each cycle you have, at best, about a 20% chance of getting pregnant. This is why drs usually don't want to do workups until you've been TTC a year. You may hit Month 13 and that's The One.

3. other than that, do what you need to do. Take a yoga class. Do all those things you want to do before you have kids. Take that vacation. Have that bottle of wine. Eat that sushi. And if you hit 1 yr, get some testing done and see what's going on.

GL

This.

I suggest temping and charting (using fertilityfriend.com). Those "ovulation prediction" websites SUCK! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"