January 2012 Moms
Options

Gahhhh - I think my water just broke :(

Oh gosh, so not ready for this!  Was sitting here reading posts and went to lean forward/stand up to pass gas (sorry tmi), then I had a gush of liquid.  Thought I peed my pj pants so I ran to the bathroom and my panties and pants were soaked!  It doesn't smell like urine at all (maybe sweet).  It wasn't like when you sneeze and pee comes spraying out.  I put fresh undies and a liner on and will wait 1/2 hour to see if more comes out.  Wierd, but I had loose stools yesterday and had been having little pings of mild pain in my vag earlier before this happened.

I'm shaking right now because I'm just not ready.  Nothing is packed. My 2 yo daughter just went to bed, my hubby has been up since 3 am (paper route) and just laid down to get some sleep.  I had the GBS test on Thurs, but don't know the results.  I had a feeling this kid would be early, but hello, could you wait until after Christmas!  I know it will be ok, but "aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gahhhh - I think my water just broke :(

• Options

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

::Feb 2012 lurker here::

Good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats & Goodluck! And might I add, I'm super jealous? lol Can't wait till my little baby decides to make his arrival.
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Options
    Good luck! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

any recent news?!?!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck! We'll be looking for an update!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Options
    Good luck!!! :)
  • Options
    Good luck!! 
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    I love that you were on The Bump when your water broke!  All the best to you!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope all is well! Breathe! Don't forget to breathe!
  • Options

Good luck!!

I can relate to not feeling ready - I think my biggest fear right now is that my water will break because I can't seem to get away from work long enough to get anything ready :S 

I'm sure it will all work out... as pp said just keep breathing and take it one step at a time!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Good luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, after spending the night in L&D with no sleep (Ambien couldn't get me to sleep thru full bladder and loud monitor), it wasn't my water breaking after all.  The did the pH test when I went in, and it showed positive, so they admitted me.  Gave me Ambien to help me sleep, and did the antibiotics for GBS+.  Had mild cramping/contrax during the night. 

The DR on call did the ferning test this morning since I had no further leaking, and they did a urine culture to see if I had some sort of infection, both negative.  They said that sometimes there is a pocket of watery discharge behind the mucus plug and if the mp starts to come out, the fluid can come out like a gush.  It def wasn't pee.  The contrax never progressed, so I got let go, which was kind of disappointing since I had to psych myself up that it was "time", only to be told that it wasn't :(

Oh well, baby gets to cook for longer, which is the best thing for her.  Thanks for all your encouragement!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

what an ordeal. all the drawbacks of having to run out of the house, and none of the baby!!! well hopefully next time is the real thing and you'll feel more ready.

good luck!!

• Options
    imageGardenmommy123:

Well, after spending the night in L&D with no sleep (Ambien couldn't get me to sleep thru full bladder and loud monitor), it wasn't my water breaking after all.  The did the pH test when I went in, and it showed positive, so they admitted me.  Gave me Ambien to help me sleep, and did the antibiotics for GBS+.  Had mild cramping/contrax during the night. 

The DR on call did the ferning test this morning since I had no further leaking, and they did a urine culture to see if I had some sort of infection, both negative.  They said that sometimes there is a pocket of watery discharge behind the mucus plug and if the mp starts to come out, the fluid can come out like a gush.  It def wasn't pee.  The contrax never progressed, so I got let go, which was kind of disappointing since I had to psych myself up that it was "time", only to be told that it wasn't :(

Oh well, baby gets to cook for longer, which is the best thing for her.  Thanks for all your encouragement!

Thanks for the update. At least you get a trial run and she gets to cook a little longer!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"