Special Needs


Hi, read your post from before. I am a teacher of the hearing impaired and had a suggestion for you. While they cannot aid or implant the ear she is deaf in, ask about getting a BAHA. It is a bone conduction hearing aid. It would look like a little one inch square that would snap onto the bone directly behind her bad ear. It works through vibration which actually serves as better sound conduction than hearing aids. When it detected speech, it would vibrate on that bone, and shake both cochleas enabling her to "hear" in both ears at the same time. they are mostly used for kiddos with no external ears but can be a great tool for kids with unilateral or assymetrical hearing loss as well. if your audiologist looks at you like you are crazy, google BAHA and the name of your town. Someone will specialize in it.
Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards